Service electronic throttle control and stability control messages while cruising down highway, truck in limp mode. Any ideas what could cause this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhoffy22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn North Edition
Engine
ecodiesel
I was cruising down the highway and my check engine light came on along with a message to service the electronic throttle body. Shortly after, I noticed it was not letting me accelerate fully when I pushed the pedal down fully. I was still able to maintain highway speeds but it was just slower to accelerate. It is also acting like it doesn't want to start and turns over much longer than normal before finally starting. In addition to the service electronic throttle control message, I also got a message to service my electronic stability control. Tried unplugging battery and restarting but same issues as above.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

2020 ram ecodiesel with 50,000 miles

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might try removing the Cable from the Negative Battery Post for 30 to 60 minutes, as a first step
Yep. Reset everything and see if the code comes back. Also can't go wrong getting under the hood and checking the wires that plug into the throttle body, make sure everything is secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357