ETC light with EGR code stalled while driving and won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was driving down the highway when my truck a 2007 dodge 1500 5.7 hemi started to sputter giving it more gas did nothing until it stalled I got the check gauges light but all gauges looked normal while driving it turns over but won't fire I got an EGR code I cleaned my throttle body and the old and new throttle body the valve responds to my pedal pressure on my dash I get a check engine light and the red lightning bolt symbol I checked my Schrader valve when cranking and there's no fuel coming out at all when cranking and depressing the Schrader valve any advice would be helpful

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you have a fuel pump issue make sure you do have gas in it guages do get stuck its a old truck..have seen it many times have someone turn key see if you hear the pump in the tank.

OP
OP
R

runshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tank showed just above a quarter tank I went to fuel up put 40 bucks in which is more than I would've needed to make the trip and it died on me maybe 20 mins after gassing up I took the gas cap off on the side of the road so I could listen to the fuel pump and heard nothing so I put the gas cap back on and no change I don't have a fuel pressure gauge but just holding the Shrader valve on the fuel line while turning over 0 gas came out the small bolt I used to depress the valve was bone dry would the ETC light come on from a bad fuel pump since there is an incorrect fuel air ratio?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tank showed just above a quarter tank I went to fuel up put 40 bucks in which is more than I would've needed to make the trip and it died on me maybe 20 mins after gassing up I took the gas cap off on the side of the road so I could listen to the fuel pump and heard nothing so I put the gas cap back on and no change I don't have a fuel pressure gauge but just holding the Shrader valve on the fuel line while turning over 0 gas came out the small bolt I used to depress the valve was bone dry would the ETC light come on from a bad fuel pump since there is an incorrect fuel air ratio?
your ETC light is not relevant because the trucks not running sounds like you have a bad fuel pump or no power to it truck would still runn with a ETC light.

MikeysCars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with jws123, bad fuel pump or relay. Light will be on as long as the engine's not running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357