exchanging one stock radio for another with sirrius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james webb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 dodge ram with a stock radio am/fm cd. I purchased a stock radio to fit exactly in place with a sirrius radio and bluetooth. What is required to hook up this stock radio with sirrius and bluetooth.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm no expert but I believe that all the '12 radios were sirrius ready so that should just plug and play. I believe for the Bluetooth you need a uconnet module or something to that effect.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need a Sirius antena not all were satalite ready. Look at the roof do you see a small black box? If not you have to drill a hole to add the factory one

Burton12387

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check to see if you have the sirius antenna on the roof. If you do not, you'll need one. If you do, it will be plug and play. You will be charged a $15 fee from sirius to change radio Id's on the truck if you already have a sirius account.

If the bottom of your mirror does not have the built in microphones, you likely are not already outfitted for uconnect. You will need to double check to make sure the radio you purchased even supports it, not all do, even though it has the uconnect button. You would the need a kit that came with the software and a stand alone microphone, or purchase the mirror with the built in microphone.