Replaced radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agreeable frogman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey folks I sure could use some assistance. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi Big Horn pkg. my radio started delaminating which was causing it to dial numbers randomly, change the a/c settings, etc… so I replaced the radio from a wrecked Ram1500 same year same package. The radio and all controls work perfectly except Sirius and ATT wifi. I was told by ATT and Sirius that the dealer needed to register the radio to the vehicle identification number in the Dodge system. I took it to my dealer three times after each try I would get more information to help explain to the dealer what I needed so I would pass the new information on they would recommend that I bring it back in. Yes I paid $110.00 for each visit for them to do nothing three times. Anyway does anyone have any suggestions or may have had the same problem. Every thing works identical to the radio that came with the truck from the factory everything except the Sirius and the Wifi from ATT. The only feature that I can’t use is the uconnect to lock or unlock and all the other features that come with uconnect. It seems like a simple thing but there isn’t another dealer with in 100 miles. Hey thanks for any help you folks can pass along.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks I sure could use some assistance. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi Big Horn pkg. my radio started delaminating which was causing it to dial numbers randomly, change the a/c settings, etc… so I replaced the radio from a wrecked Ram1500 same year same package. The radio and all controls work perfectly except Sirius and ATT wifi. I was told by ATT and Sirius that the dealer needed to register the radio to the vehicle identification number in the Dodge system. I took it to my dealer three times after each try I would get more information to help explain to the dealer what I needed so I would pass the new information on they would recommend that I bring it back in. Yes I paid $110.00 for each visit for them to do nothing three times. Anyway does anyone have any suggestions or may have had the same problem. Every thing works identical to the radio that came with the truck from the factory everything except the Sirius and the Wifi from ATT. The only feature that I can’t use is the uconnect to lock or unlock and all the other features that come with uconnect. It seems like a simple thing but there isn’t another dealer with in 100 miles. Hey thanks for any help you folks can pass along.
The dealer can absolutely register the radio to your truck. I had my 2018 delaminated radio replaced a dealer and they supplied a new security code. Sirius didn’t work after the replacement but the dealer advised I would need to call Sirius to send an activation signal if it didn’t return after 24 hours. It did return several hours later and when I logged into Sirius it showed up as a 2016 Cherokee radio as it was a refurbished unit with an updated display. As for ATT I have no experience with that and don’t know why it’s needed. I realize hindsight is 20/20 and of little use now but if you got another radio out of a 2018 there is a chance it will delaminate again as 2018 was the problem year. Updated screens are available on eBay and various other sites so you can replace just the screen on your bad unit. They typically sell for 300-400 dollars and the repair is pretty easy. Personally I’d be back at the servicing dealer for them to correct the problem they charged you for. Doesn’t seem right they charged you three times for something they didn’t fix. If you can’t get a satisfactory result you may consider repairing your old radio since it is already matched to your vehicle and selling the salvage unit to recoup your loss.