Exhaust suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tan tan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i bought my truck almost a year ago and i put a flowmaster super 10 muffler on it (loudest one they make) i loved it sounded great but i got pulled over a month ago and got ticketed for it being to loud. Now i need to change it but dont know what to get. Need some suggestions on a muffler that sounds great but not to loud any suggestions?

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the decibel limit where you live?
18 inch pypes violator sounds good on the hemi and not too loud. Dynomax ultraflow 16 inch long and 5 inch round sounds good as well

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the Flowmaster 50 series catback dual exhaust and it sounds awesome but not obnoxiously loud and will take a sticker, no problem. COLD start up, its at its loudest, then as it heats up, it quiets down but still sounds awesome.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I believe exhaust can be too loud. But I'm old and cranky.

You've got a 4.7L so you must have been close to straight pipe loud when he popped you.

You could probably be very happy with the Mufflex/Magnaflow 18".

I went with the Mufflex/Magnaflow 24" and added the 5" tips for a deeper resonance as well.

It has a nice bit of noise, kinda says "Hey, I've got a Hemi!"

However it is not window rattling, dawn helicopter assault ("Charlie don't surf"*) loud.

Heads turn, people look up, but Five-Oh and Mr. Po-Po leave me be.

***I wonder if anyone will get that movie reference***

Last edited:

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Has anyone use the Mopar cat back exhaust? I've heard pretty good things about it, plus it has the benefit of being fully supported under warranty.

OP
OP
tan tan

tan tan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the decibel limit where you live?
18 inch pypes violator sounds good on the hemi and not too loud. Dynomax ultraflow 16 inch long and 5 inch round sounds good as well
The cop said the limit was 83 and i was at 85

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awe man, thats some ********, cop probably needed to write a ticket to meet quota. You could put a resonator or small glasspack on to knock 2dbs off

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Borla XR1

Roto1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
so i bought my truck almost a year ago and i put a flowmaster super 10 muffler on it (loudest one they make) i loved it sounded great but i got pulled over a month ago and got ticketed for it being to loud. Now i need to change it but dont know what to get. Need some suggestions on a muffler that sounds great but not to loud any suggestions?

Carven. I love mine. I have the progressive loud enough but not too loud that I annoy the neighbors with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZacharyJ1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8.0
Hey y'all I've got a 99 dodge ram 2500 v10 8.0 L . I have it stock up to the cats and had the factory muffler cut off and put 2 thrush mufflers on and the exhaust dumped over the axle. It's still to quiet what muffler do y'all suggest ? I want it to sound a little louder

Tank1969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like a good tuned exhaust that has a deep tone to it . I hate those stupid loud pipes that are just loud and obnauctes call me old school cause thats what I am

DWDUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 SLT
Engine
I have a 2008 4.7 quad cab with cat back duels going out behind the wheels with Flowmaster 50 series and they sound amazing. I have had them over a year and never had any issues with police. Like someone said before the start up is a little loud but after that they are not bad. Of course if you get on it they are loud and sound great!

badkittie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I did MagnaFlow on mine and it sounds great. The guy at the shop thought it would be too loud cause I'm female.... the louder the better IMO, as long as its doesn't sound like crap to begin with :)

Canadian Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What’s with you guys and putting fart cannons on your truck? I have a 2012 Cummins and when I did all my deletes, I made sure to put the most quiet exhaust on. You want to hear the roar of the motor, not the obnoxious farting out the back.