Factory ordered 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6 etorque
New here....I just factory ordered a 1500. This is my first time ordering, how long does it take to get the vehicle order number? Who is supposed to give it to me?
I spoke with someone on ram chat and they said I should already have a vin and von, but the dealership keeps telling me that should come through an email from FCA. Anyone have any advice on this?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New here....I just factory ordered a 1500. This is my first time ordering, how long does it take to get the vehicle order number? Who is supposed to give it to me?
I spoke with someone on ram chat and they said I should already have a vin and von, but the dealership keeps telling me that should come through an email from FCA. Anyone have any advice on this?

I ordered mine in March and the VON was on the POC sheet that I had to initial and return (online order through email) and my dealer gave me the vin # a few days after the order. Sounds like your dealer is full of **** (surprise surprise), hopefully they get better with their information.

That being said I would prepare for a bit of a wait, especially if you got a higher trim level with more tech options. I ordered 3/6 and no real updates since, still gathering the parts for my build.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It may take longer than what others have experience in the past. SHAP(builds Gen5 DT body) currently has somewhere around 600 people out due to Covid-19. I think some option combinations have part shortages.
Warren Truck has been slowed/shuttered for a few weeks due to lack of parts, and I know the delivery drivers for the parts have been off work for several weeks now.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealership told me its taking 9-12 months on special orders. I am just going to wait until next year.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My dealership told me its taking 9-12 months on special orders. I am just going to wait until next year.
Find a different dealership, a special order is no different from the vehicles they order for on their lot. If it's going to take almost a year to get a truck ordered from the factory, the US economy is/will be taking a nose dive
I'm guessing they were hoping to "steer" you into buying what's left on their lot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Steve1986
Ram chat misinformed you
When you fill out the forms for a special order Ram, the dealership faxes off the paperwork to the main offices in Auburn Hills Michigan.
Once the main office Approves the paperwork
The VON is assigned to that paperwork

VON = Vehicle Order Number

The VON will not be assigned until the main offices look at the FAX sheet sometime on Monday

When you receive your VON #
Go to https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html
You could Register with that site, it may help you to get notices in a timely manner ??

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Find a different dealership, a special order is no different from the vehicles they order for on their lot. If it's going to take almost a year to get a truck ordered from the factory, the US economy is/will be taking a nose dive
I'm guessing they were hoping to "steer" you into buying what's left on their lot.
Mine is a big dealership in a ritzy area. They are having all kinds of issues getting them quick.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ram dealers take precedent on trucks. Special orders are lower priority because dealerships are Ram's bread and butter.

OP
OP
S

Steve1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6 etorque
If I was misinformed how are people getting von numbers when they order their vehicles

OP
OP
S

Steve1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6 etorque
I should also say It’s been almost two weeks since I left my deposit and went into the dealer.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I was misinformed how are people getting von numbers when they order their vehicles

As I mentioned above, mine was on the POC (priced order confirmation) sheet that I had to initial and return to my dealer (to confirm the options I selected). Did you get one of these? This is what mine looks like, I circled the VON in red.

Untitled.png

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are a lot of stories on here about orders. Bottom line is builds are taking a long time. Chip shortage, parts stuck on boats out in the Pacific because boats can't get in to unload, workers out sick. These all weigh on the current state of affairs in automotive assembly plants. Not only do dealer vehicles take priority, fleet vehicles are also sucking up resources as the high volume rental agencies try to rebuild fleets. If you gotta' have a truck in the next few months you would be well served to consider a truck off a lot. Whatever you do, good luck and post pictures of the big day when you have your new truck.

SOL-man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Delivery time depends on what you ordered. If you ordered the safety technology stuff like lane departure or blind spot detection, those are not being built. Air supension and panoramic sunroof are also not available. If you ordered a Classic, none of those are being built - the line is shut down due to lack of chips. I ordered a Rebel March 15th, got a VIN in two days from my salesman. It is due to be shipped this week, but I did not order any of the above.

OP
OP
S

Steve1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6 etorque
I’m not in any rush just wanting to get answers. The fact that I’m being kept in the dark is what worries me. I can’t even get the salesman to call me back or update me. I’m considering using a different dealer, just got another quote from one that would give me a larger discount so I’m considering saying screw the deposit and going through this other dealership