Finally, a car wash I am happy with!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Because of my protective film, I can't use automatic car washes and honestly, I think you can do a better job getting at the whole truck with a hand wash, but I hate the mess and waste of water doing it in the driveway and its so hard to find a good wand wash thats roomy enough to get around, has clean warm or hot water and isn't going to cost you 10 dollars. for what? A truck that comes out of the wash after you've spent money on wash, rinse, spotless rinse, tire cleaning spray, wax and you could run your finger all over it and still feel an oily grime and dust everywhere. So...I bought a waterless car wash. everyone manufacturer makes it, but I bought Sans-zo which you can buy as a spray bottle or refill. for 14.95 canadian, you get 24 ounces that will clean 5-6 trucks. For 37 canadian you can get a refill bottle that's almost 3 times as much! you need a bunch of microfiber cloths for the cleaning. I think i used like 12 for cleaning and 3 for polishing as i went a long, cleaning and polishing panel by panel but they are cheap. took me about 1-1.5 hours. only water if any on the ground was from the 4 ounces or so I used to clean the truck. i used it on everything. wheels, lights, glass, panels, tonneau cover, protective film. i picked the Sans-Zo because its all natural ingredients (some have silicon which can embed into your paint and if you ever need paint work done its a mess). Lots of good vids and tips online about how to clean with it but the basics are: wash in shade or early in the morning later in afternoon when the truck is not hot (i did it at about 430 in the afternoon. the panels were cool to warm at best at that time here on a 8 degree day) clean and polish in straight lines, no circles as that just moves the dirt back to clean areas. fold cleaning cloth into 4 squares so you have 4 clean surfaces to work with and don't press hard. if an area needs recleaning, spray a bit more. if it needs repolishing, polish a bit more. spray it directly on the surface and the cloth as well if you like. i got mine at canadian tire but costco sells it too, amazon (but it was expensive) costco had a kit for 59 canadian that had the sprayer, the refill, some bug remover i think and 2 microfiber cloths.

here's how it turned out:

cleantruck.jpg - Shortcut.jpg cleantruck2.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I use waterless a lot, and I do the same thing with the microfiber towels. Last time I did the jeep i used 12 towels I think. Now for a really dirty vehicle I would not use this method.

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
where i drive, it should be an easy once per week or every 2 weeks solution for me.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been buying and using Fukken Wax and FW-1 by the case (aerosol spray bomb waterless wash/wax system) and lately P&S Bead Maker as a finishing component. I like the results. I do spend $6.00 to go through the touchless carwash near the house to blow the bulk of the industrial fallout of the truck on a routine basis. Use that a lot during the winter months. I'll have to give you Sans-Zo a try. I guess your a Costco guy. Keep your eyes peeled for their micro fibre bulk packs...30 or 40 (not sure on the count) to a pack for a very very good price.

T.

product-fast-wax-3pack.png

511YZlelTFL.jpg