Finally got new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Finally replaced those crappy tires that came on the Warlock with a set of Goodrich All Terrains. Man what a difference. They look much better on the truck and they ride even better. Been wanting to change them out since I got the truck, but with the prices of everything just going higher and higher I couldn't really justify the expense before now.

Now I'm thinking of changing out the so-called temporary spare with a real one. With the Ford I had before getting the Warlock I only had to use the spare three or four times in the 25 plus years that I had the truck. Just don't like the thought of getting a flat out in the middle of nowhere, especially on a Sunday, and then not having a decent place to get the tire fixed or replaced. And with the kind of luck I have, that sort of thing always happens when I'm a million miles from home and on a weekend.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I didn't know they put temp spares in full sized pickups. I agree with you, if it were me, I'd have a full sized spare to match my current tires.

I built full sized spares for our Toyota and our Pacifica. Wife travels long distances in those, and generally in the middle of the night. We had one incident a few years back where she had a flat on the interstate several hours from home. Was quite a hassle getting it so she could make it home. Not going to happen again.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I've almost always removed the spares on my trucks either for exhaust routing or they were too low to get the spare out and knock on wood have never had an issue. But if you're travelling long distances, I would certainly put a matching spare in the truck. I think you can fit up to a 35" in the stock location

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought ours Carvana had put 2 new tires on it along with the original Goodyears. Since it’s a 4x4 and has the auto feature I wanted to match the new tires (plus I hate Goodyears). I bought a matching steel wheel and had the best Goodyear mounted on that.