??? for bullet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i cant remember off hand did you paint your exterior parts yourself and how is it holding up. my mirrors look like chit

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ah i see. i am finally going to get around to get my roll pan painted and thought about asking the guy for a quote on the mirrors, door handles and wiper cowl. didn't know if duplicolor would stand up to everyday driving

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im tellin yall, go get a $14 harbor freight gun...a 1/2 pint of ready to spray match paint and a pint of clear will be perfect for what you are wanting...I did my tailgate spoiler (which gets more abuse than just about anything) and its still holding up great

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
but then i need a compressor too. i would like to do my own painting but in the hood im in that chit dont fly to well. when i build my house here in a few years, my shop will be epic. rams from near and far shall come to bask in the glory. bask in it. i want to set up a shop to learn and teach diy stuff. my wife has designed the house i just want my shop.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea...well I dunno man, but I have spend probably $100 (probably more) in spray bombs doing stuff over and over. Not to mention the flat finish even with tons of clear. By the end, a $100 Harbor Freight compressor could have been bought to power the gun...two cans of duplicolor clear vs 5 minutes and less than $5 in real clear
1242677385.jpg
1275863380.jpg

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yea the 2nd shot looks a lot better. i didnt think the spray cans would work for the larger exterioir pieces. ill just get a quote and go from there

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea...what Im trying to convince you of is that if you are planning on getting one or two pieces painted, it would pay for a compressor right there...and honestly, paint isnt that expensive for little pieces

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i dont know about spraying all that in my garage. i caught hell when i did it in okc. lack of space in a growing sub devision and a pissed off wife with a black oversprayed garage. but my cover looked awesome.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
never did the mirrors only costed me about 120 at a shop. the handles lasted a yr and they were a freebie when i got the hood painted. everything else i did myself and is doing fine...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do the handles with a spray can. I did mine like that and they held up great.