Ford bringing back bronco.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So ford has finally confirmed rumors of bringing back the bronco. Also said they are introducing 4 new suvs. I'm going out on a limb and am gonna guess they may introduce a new excursion. I think it would really sell now with the diesels getting the mileage they do.

So is ram gonna give us some new goodies too? If they make the TRX to compete with the raptor I wonder if we will see an offroad ramcharger to compete with the bronco . A full size trucks based suv? I can only dream.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen a few pictures of the new Bronco. It looks sweet. I like what they did to it... kept it boxy enough to be a SUV, instead of rounding off all the corners for aerodynamics.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they build it off of the F150 platform, similar to 80 and up Broncos, I might just have to give it a serious thought. I always liked those vehicles, had them in our family.

If they want to go retro and make it small like the pre-78, not for me. While I do like them, I could not see it replacing a full-size truck.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Very cool. I am sure a ton of f150 aftermarket will just slide in nicely to this bronco platform. Sure, probably some minor tweaking on some applications.

This would be a nice little 4x4 hot rod. Very cool. I am excited for it. Will I buy one? No. Simply because I have my 14" 1500 Laramie. But if I didn't, I would highly consider. I am sure, just like the f150s....expect lots of $$$$.

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If they put the 3.5 ecoboost in them they will be some super fast little 2 door suvs.

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hopefully the whole back comes off, if it doesn't, there's no point to it!! and it'll definitely be way over priced

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do like it as well. I wonder if ram is working on something because right now chevy owns the full size suv.

More competition, the better for all, right?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If they are building it in the mid-sized new Ranger plant, it might be the size of an Explorer rather than full size.

I had a Ranger for 13 years before I traded for my Ram and if they were making the new Ranger small and nimble again I would have considered one, but they are riding GM's coattails with a mid sized truck and calling it a Ranger. The new Colorado and Canyon are selling really well, apparantly.

A Bronco that size just doesn't appeal to me. I had an 88 full size Bronco back in the day and it was a brute. Solid steel, too. 14 miles per gallon on a good day, but it was an awesome truck.

Like most of you guys, I have no brand loyalty anymore and go for the best value, which Chrysler is achieving with a lot of their vehicles these days. If they come out with a full size Ramcharger again I bet it would do well, especially with diesel.

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I looked at a new Colorado with the diesel the other day, 35K base price. This one was optioned up to 47K. Who in the hell can pay 47K for a small truck?

As for the bronco, the top won't be removable I'm sure. I'm not a huge fan of ford products anyway. The new F-150s are way overpriced, as are the Chevy's.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If they are building it in the mid-sized new Ranger plant, it might be the size of an Explorer rather than full size.

I had a Ranger for 13 years before I traded for my Ram and if they were making the new Ranger small and nimble again I would have considered one, but they are riding GM's coattails with a mid sized truck and calling it a Ranger. The new Colorado and Canyon are selling really well, apparantly.

A Bronco that size just doesn't appeal to me. I had an 88 full size Bronco back in the day and it was a brute. Solid steel, too. 14 miles per gallon on a good day, but it was an awesome truck.

Like most of you guys, I have no brand loyalty anymore and go for the best value, which Chrysler is achieving with a lot of their vehicles these days. If they come out with a full size Ramcharger again I bet it would do well, especially with diesel.

Ramcharger Rebel TRX with a hellcat engine....million dollar idea :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still a ford ****. My wife's x has an 11 ecoboost with roughly 100k miles and it sounds like a diesel. You couldn't give me another ford after our 09 flex purchase. It's the 3.5 non eco, but the biggest pos.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Been 20 years since the last Bronco was sold. Whole new generation of buyers that do not remember the removable top .

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been 20 years since the last Bronco was sold. Whole new generation of buyers that do not remember the removable top .

And unfortunately this generation will only drive it back and forth to starbucks while wearing a flannel shirt and calling themselves the "outdoors" type.

A couple buddies had full size blazers back in the day, lifted with big tires of course. Just like the Bronco, if built right can be an off road beast.

This bronco in production form (not what is being floated right now) will be nothing like the old Broncos.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am open to a Bronco or a Ramcharger depending on price, design and drive train. I will always have a pickup but either one would be good for the wife's next car.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
And unfortunately this generation will only drive it back and forth to starbucks while wearing a flannel shirt and calling themselves the "outdoors" type.

A couple buddies had full size blazers back in the day, lifted with big tires of course. Just like the Bronco, if built right can be an off road beast.

This bronco in production form (not what is being floated right now) will be nothing like the old Broncos.

I feel like they are just playing on the "Hipster Retro" market.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
aluminum bronco, hmmmm, pass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member