FOTA Update Failed Please Visit Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't had much luck searching for this on any if the jeep forums, but wondering if anyone here has seen this message happened on my wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it displays the message then reboots , and is stuck in a reboot loop. I have tried disconnecting my battery and discharging the capacitors , no luck. It's now killing the battery because it continues to try and reboot even with the car off. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dealer is a week out on work, 01542e81b1f4a435c986b3548ae4d897.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try holding in the volume and tuner buttons for a few seconds (10-20) and see if it reboots. This was recommended by Ram/Uconnect folks for this issue. Should restore and try the download another day

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try holding in the volume and tuner buttons for a few seconds (10-20) and see if it reboots. This was recommended by Ram/Uconnect folks for this issue. Should restore and try the download another day

Thanks, will give it a try when I get home.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, will give it a try when I get home.

Keep us posted because potentially lots of us might need that trick

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep us posted because potentially lots of us might need that trick

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah will do for sure. This is on a jeep grand cherokee, 2014, but I'm assuming the uconnect system is the same, ****** part is the thing now keeps killing the battery. Did not have any luck finding the fuse for it so I could at least shut it down. we have no defrost function,etc just really inconvenient and just unnecessary

Today I'm glad my truck does not have this system lol...

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No luck doing this, still rebooting after 36 hours, will have to bring to the dealer.
Thanks though

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe there is a separate fuse for the Uconnect screen, it is not in the fuse box. I don't remember if this was on the the RAM or the GC but it is inline fuse holder somewhere on the wiring harness passing near the brake booster. No the most descriptive, but grab a flashlight and look at the wiring passing near the brake booster to see if you can see an inline fuse holder. Should be a little black box, smaller than box of matches, attached to the wiring. Something to check out to save the battery until you can get to the dealer.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just saw a new post on the Cummins forum with another one doing the same thing. That's about 5 or 6 I have seen now.

I'm pretty sure this "update" is going to be pulled from circulation....

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just an update, luckily I called uconnect to start a claim the day this happend,I was able to get into the dealer today.

Dealer diagnosed the uconnect computer failed, they could not connect to it or reload new software to it, so they quoted me a new radio, because uconnect is separate from Chrysler the dealership was not able to help, I called uconnect back and was able to explain what was going on, they are reimbursing for the diagnostic done by the dealership and sending a new radio for no charge. For a bad situation I am very pleased with uconnect customer service. The dealer was able to disconnect the radio while we wait for a replacement.