from levelled with bilstein to drop... possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyder5627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys just a quick question... i was levelled with bilstein and now i changed my mind, i would like to drop maybe 2/3 not sure already... is this possible keeping the bilstein's or i have to change the struts?

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You can keep the bilsteins. Just lower them back to the 0 setting. I did this exact same thing with my 2011

Oh and I used the ground force 2/3 kit to lower mine

OP
OP
Spyder5627

Spyder5627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can keep the bilsteins. Just lower them back to the 0 setting. I did this exact same thing with my 2011

Oh and I used the ground force 2/3 kit to lower mine

excellent! Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
Spyder5627

Spyder5627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the drop? After the work you put into leveling and the 35s, what made you change?

just bought the mcgaughys 2" rear drop from a member here so nothing has been done already, but to answer your question about going from lifted to dropped, i didn't like the handling with the fat tires and the lift... i'm more of a sport handling car guy plus the noise and the vibration from the tires was killing me! the truck felt slow and my mpg was horrible...

now you are probably asking your self why did i go that way in the first time?... because before i bought the Ram, i used to have a Toyota fj cruiser trail team edition and i loved this truck! it got stolen in front of my house and the insurance company suggested not to buy that truck again because it's in the top 10 most stolen vehicles... but i liked the rough look of this baby and i think i wanted to mod the ram to look like it... anyway we are supposed learn from our mistakes!

here's a pic of the FJ...:sad72:

Attachments

• IMG_20120516_115441-1-1.jpg
    IMG_20120516_115441-1-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 32

Gill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The FJ with the all-terrain tires vibrated less and was quieter and then the Ram? It handled sportier too??

OP
OP
Spyder5627

Spyder5627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The FJ with the all-terrain tires vibrated less and was quieter and then the Ram? It handled sportier too??

no your right it was far from a sport handling truck... thats exactly why i don't want the ram to handle like it... there's a huge difference between the ram and the FJ, i mean the FJ felt big and slow from the beginning and it was ok like that it felt like you can go anywhere off-roading like crazy and thats the purpose of this truck...

the Ram's HEMI is so powerful!!! i don't wanna loose that feeling! i love the power of the V8 and i always want to push it more ans more... so the big shoes and the lift wasn't for me. now i would like to go lower and maybe some 22' RT wheels with 305/45/22 rubbers... :********:

Gill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay hurry and do it, I want to see pics

Btw, don't expect much better mpg with 22's...especially if you get replicas. They are heavy. Only way to keep somewhat decent mpg's is on oem or better (lighter) wheels with all-season type highway tires.

OP
OP
Spyder5627

Spyder5627

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay hurry and do it, I want to see pics

Btw, don't expect much better mpg with 22's...especially if you get replicas. They are heavy. Only way to keep somewhat decent mpg's is on oem or better (lighter) wheels with all-season type highway tires.

oh!... few months ago i got a deal on some 2014 sport wheels and i was thinking about selling or trading them for the 22"RT wheels, but now that i know this...

thanks!