Front Bumper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone - I did do a brief search and wasn't able to find a clear answer. I've got a 2005 "non-sport" and I'm looking to replace the front and rear bumpers with the stock style.

However, I am seeing the "Sport" option show up. From a glance it looks like the biggest difference is the middle section where a mesh or grille cover goes? Not sure what would be behind that grille though - an intercooler for the SRT-10 maybe? I do like the style, but I'm not sure if it would bolt up with my "non-sport" truck.

I'm leaning towards the regular bumper. However I am seeing 3 or 4 piece "regular" bumpers. Not sure if just a single bumper skin piece would be better/easier. I'm going to pretty much paint the top to match the body (metallic blue) and then the bottom section will be hit with a thick rugged liner.

"Sport" bumper:
1667575863933.png

Regular bumper:
1667575911980.png

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I might be wrong here, but I believe that the top pic is the inner frame of the bumper, and the second pic shows the plastic skin that goes around and attaches to the inner frame. I just bought the upper part (top piece that goes just below the headlights, the bottom piece, (air dam/spoiler), and the center section that goes in the open spot in the bottom pic and they all bolted to that inner frame in the top pic.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The regular chrome bumper is the actual metal bumper with a color piece on top of it. The Sport bumper is all urethane and goes around that inner core bumper.
SRT-10's didn't come boosted, so.........no intercooler there......

OP
OP
Brando_SLT

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah, okay that makes sense. I likely need just the urethane exterior bit and the plastic diffuser for the bottom since my truck doesn't have one. The actual metal piece underneath is totally fine then. Thanks!