Front liscence plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my 42 inch curved led bar I'm going to mount in my sport bumper.
Unfortunately I have to have a stupid front license plate.
What have some of you guys done so the plate doesn't interfere with the light bar?
Pics would help to.
Thanks

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same problem there was a post on here about mounting a 42 inch led bar and the pic showed the plate just moved up so the bottom of the plate wasn't in the way of the light. Unfortunately there was nothing mentioned about how it was done and I haven't got around to try mounting my front plate, or my back plate now that I think about it lol. Plastic dealer plates for the win!!

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went through this myself. When I bought my truck, RAM told me they didn't sell a front plate bracket for my Express so I ended up just screwing it into the bumper like this:

picture.php

When I went to do my 42" bar, I knew I needed to move my plate up some how. To do so I went to Advance Auto and bought a universal plate bracket and ended up with this:

picture.php

At first, I used the same holes that I put in the bumper to secure this which meant the bottom of the bracket was secured to the truck. I didn't like how the top ended up facing a little down so I took it off and drilled two more holes for the top to be attached instead of the bottom. I look at it this way, as long as there is a plate on the front, you will never know there are holes there.

OP
OP
2013sport

2013sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok ill have some measuring to do. Thanks for the help and input.