Front Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksksr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to this site. I have 2015 Ram 3500 4x4. I need to change a front axle, should axles be done in pairs and can you guys recommend a good aftermarket? Thanks in advance.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The axles themselves don't need to be done in pairs but if your changing the gear ratio, the front and back need to match.
Unless your planning on changing the axle for something like rock crawling, the OEM one is fine just about anything you'll throw at it. Is your current axle broken? If it's just leaking that can be fixed/rebuilt. You could check the local salvage yards ( www.car-part.com ) for a low mileage, that axle has been in use on the HD trucks for I think the entire Gen4 body style.

acoffeefiend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I found a local mechanic who only works on axles and differentials when I got my gears upgraded. Having it rebuilt, repaired will be cheaper if you can find a quality mechanic.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I too am curious as to why you would have to replace the whole axle. Did you jump it