Glossy badges!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What type of 3M tape would you recommend to put the tailgate badge back on?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Those look amazing. I'm getting tired of the plasti-dip on my badges (already) and I love the way those look. That price is awesome too. My main concern is me being able to get the badges back on...so I second VolsRam last post.

OP
OP

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
What type of 3M tape would you recommend to put the tailgate badge back on?

3M/1/2 in. x 15 ft. molding tape (03614) | Body Molding Tape | AutoZone.com

that'll do it.

Those look amazing. I'm getting tired of the plasti-dip on my badges (already) and I love the way those look. That price is awesome too. My main concern is me being able to get the badges back on...so I second VolsRam last post.

Ahh, easy. Its just some double sided tape. ;)

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ahh, easy. Its just some double sided tape. ;)

Awesome, good to know. Now I just need to store away some money lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgive me if this is stupid to anyone else...I wanted to do this...found black ones on ebay to buy..or just do it to mine...but...my question is this...how the heck do you get the badges off??? and also...anyone take their 1500 numbers off...paint..and put back on??? Hoe do you reattach them after taking them off??? This is all new to me..I only ever strip my truck bare to no badges...I never put them back on.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The side badges would need some work to get on correctly, ether that or leave the outlines of the tape on when you put em on.

The front, it clips onto the grille, so you have to reach behind it and unclip it, should pop right out, as for the back, a piece of fishing line and a sawing motion will slide it right off.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The side badges would need some work to get on correctly, ether that or leave the outlines of the tape on when you put em on.

The front, it clips onto the grille, so you have to reach behind it and unclip it, should pop right out, as for the back, a piece of fishing line and a sawing motion will slide it right off.

OK I didnt know that tailgate badge was a stick on too...I thought maybe it was inside the tailgate. So the rear badge and the side 1500 and Hemi bages are all stick on...and the grill Ram is a clip on....cool thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iralee