GM fans unite! In the wrong way...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch, I would venture to guess he has a pretty strong case of false advertisement and a whole bunch... I have a feeling they will pay him off and brush it under the table....

It should have a bright light held on it and all manufacturers should have their balls held to the fire for their "supposed" claims that draw buyers to their cars and the actual facts of the vehicles specifications. Just goes to show how much these days that you don't actually get what you paid for.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Ouch, I would venture to guess he has a pretty strong case of false advertisement and a whole bunch... I have a feeling they will pay him off and brush it under the table....

It should have a bright light held on it and all manufacturers should have their balls held to the fire for their "supposed" claims that draw buyers to their cars and the actual facts of the vehicles specifications. Just goes to show how much these days that you don't actually get what you paid for.

The guy is part of a class action suit, so there is many others that would have to be bought off and settled with to close it out.

GM needs to be held accountable but the reality with most class action law suits like this, the average Joe is going to get pittance check or gift certificate while the lawyers are the ones making bank on it.

I was part of a class action suit against Nationwide Insurance and after 5+ years, got a check for 42 cents that cost them 49 cents to mail but the lawyers made millions.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very True Hootbro, sucks that lawyers are the ones that reap the rewards and the consumer is still the one left holding the bag... but at the same time without that companies will be even more crooked, so its a double edged sword...

If I were in that situation id join in on the suit, knowing I wouldn't get a gain from it but knowing and hoping it will actually do some good to have honest companies.. but yet i'm still doubtful that will ever happen since everything is about $$$ and principle anymore.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
And yet the constant barrage of these class action suits tells me that companies STILL try to get away with as much shadiness as possible. I'd skip it and take the letter back to the dealer and present it as a gift certificate towards a truck that will actually do what they said it would do. He bought the truck with the original 8800lbs tow rating and then later received a letter to inform him they were adjusting it down a ton? I'd be PISSED!

But I think all of these "class action" lawyers are bottom feeders so I tend to do as little as possible to help them.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The guy is part of a class action suit, so there is many others that would have to be bought off and settled with to close it out.

GM needs to be held accountable but the reality with most class action law suits like this, the average Joe is going to get pittance check or gift certificate while the lawyers are the ones making bank on it.

I was part of a class action suit against Nationwide Insurance and after 5+ years, got a check for 42 cents that cost them 49 cents to mail but the lawyers made millions.

there was one here about computer memory price fixing and i got like $20 along with 800k other people so the total handed out was 16 million. the funny part is that the total settlement was something like 80 million. there's a few different law firms involved so they basically split up the majority of the settlement

And yet the constant barrage of these class action suits tells me that companies STILL try to get away with as much shadiness as possible. I'd skip it and take the letter back to the dealer and present it as a gift certificate towards a truck that will actually do what they said it would do. He bought the truck with the original 8800lbs tow rating and then later received a letter to inform him they were adjusting it down a ton? I'd be PISSED!

But I think all of these "class action" lawyers are bottom feeders so I tend to do as little as possible to help them.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

things like tow ratings shouldn't be something they can just up and change when they feel like it. crap like that just shows they really don't actually test ****. the reason lawsuits and fines don't really change the way companies operate is simply because handing out that money really doesn't hurt them, they probably write off most of it come tax time

Last edited: