FYI: The wrong air filter is being sold at Amazon for 2019+ 6.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just found out that Amazon is selling the 68517544 AA air filter with a new sticker placed over the original Mopar stock number with # 53034051 AB printed on it see photo #1... Mopar 53034051 AB is the correct number per Ram Star Parts see photo#2... I wonder how many people may have bought an air filter with a sticker over the original Mopar part number thinking they purchased the correct air filter, yet unknowingly they did not and don't know it, so if you buy a Mopar air filter for your 2019 an newer CTD and it has glue strips its the wrong air filter, see photo #3... My self to be safe I will now only use a Fleetguard air filter AF27684 ( when you can find one in stock they are cheaper at $41 compared to Mopar brand air filter at $52, except a few who are a selling Fleetguard air filters at $70 plus shipping) as I hate the idea of buying an air filter only to find out it the wrong one an then take time to drive & drop it off at UPS store 3 miles away to get it back to Amazon for a refund...

Airfilter #1.jpg

FCA Star Parts Air Filter Info.jpeg

Airfilter #2.jpg

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Contact Amazon and let them know, better than telling people on here. That's why Amazon has a reporting service and I can tell you from personal experience it works.

OP
OP
06 Dodge

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Contact Amazon and let them know, better than telling people on here. That's why Amazon has a reporting service and I can tell you from personal experience it works.

FYI this post was to inform & warn people who may have bought this air filter on Amazon thinking it's the correct air filter to use when in fact it is not the correct air filter, who knows how many people have bought this air filter and are having regen problems an are over looking the air filter as part of their problems with frequent DPF regens...

BTW I sent a message to Amazon using there reporting link with no response and they are still selling this air filter to people as a 4051 ab air filter when it fact it is not...

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Being that it was ordered from amazon it most likely a chinese knock-off any way. I would not order anything for my truck or any other vehicle from amazon.
Amazon is flooded with chinese garbage made to look like actual factory parts.

OP
OP
06 Dodge

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
It w
Being that it was ordered from amazon it most likely a chinese knock-off any way. I would not order anything for my truck or any other vehicle from amazon.
Amazon is flooded with chinese garbage made to look like actual factory parts.
As best as I can tell by comparing it to a air filter that was purchased from a local RAM dealer I'm sure it was an original Mopar air filter with a new sticker applied over original stock number and yes I too have seen lots China knock offs sold on Amazon, but also know of honest dealers who sell items on Amazon....

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Feel free to keep taking your chances with chinese amazon crap.