Looking at 2024 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I'm looking at buying a new 2024 1500 style truck and I'm thinking of a RAM Limited or GMC Denali. I'm leaning toward the RAM but I have a few questions which hopefully some of you 1500 owners will be kind enough to answer. I will be keeping my RAM 2500 to pull my camper and for heavy towing so towing capabilities are not important.

The headlights on my 2500 were absolutely horrible until I replaced them with HID lights. The Limited comes with adaptive headlights. Any opinions on these?

Do the 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ETORQUE engines suffer from the HEMI Tick?

How prevalent are the bubbling dashes and the rear cabin leak, or have they been eliminated in the newer models?

Thanks for any knowledge or opinions.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LED lights on limited are great. Hemi 5.7 is hemi 5.7 with or without eTorque. My ‘22 dash is not bubbling. It lives outside 24/7, but it is only 2 years old. I’d buy the limited again, I love my truck and I am not one of the truck brand evangelists. Forgot, my cab doesn’t leak either that I know of. Buy what you like. Both great trucks.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The headlights on my 2500 were absolutely horrible until I replaced them with HID lights. The Limited comes with adaptive headlights. Any opinions on these?
The adaptive LED headlights on the Limited, Longhorn, and TRX are outstanding IMHO. Better than the LED projectors on Laramie and Rebel (and Big Horn with the LED pkg), and worlds better than the halogen reflectors that are standard on Big Horn and Tradesman.

Do the 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ETORQUE engines suffer from the HEMI Tick?
All Hemi's can suffer from the Hemi tick. Millions of them out there though and only a very small percentage of them suffer any problems. I wouldn't let that sway your decision.

How prevalent are the bubbling dashes and the rear cabin leak, or have they been eliminated in the newer models?
No bubbling in the dash of our 2020 Limited. It's been parked outside for most of the time we've had it since we bought it new in April of 2020.[/QUOTE]

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a 19 DT lowly Bighorn, but do have the LED Reflective lighting before FCA decided to save money and put Halogens back on the Bighorns (have a 1st Built DT from Apr 2018). Hemi is a Hemi: E T junkola or not. Leaks, well U just kinda roll the die. U just have to check. I check once a month. BUT I would not OWN a vehicle also w/o LED lighting anymore.

Limited has so much Bling and Fling like Denali: Kinda depends upon (And I would neva own a vehicle with sun/moon roof either, them things dang near always start to leak, IMHO): What type of finances and requirements U have, and whether U wanna roll the dice on the 5.7, or go Denali with the 3.0 Diesel, or the 5.3/6.2's that also have cam and lifter issues. Kinda luck of the draw, IMHO. NO dash issues, and my truck is outside 24/7 (and it does get to 100-110F for many days in a row in spring/summer/fall), but I do have a Dash Cover on the dash. Will attach photo. But good MX means a lot also.

41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg

Last edited:

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
If you're basing your buying decision on the reported problems with each of these units, you're in for a long, sad ride. EVERYTHING breaks at some point, and yes, some seem to do that faster than others. GM/Chevy just issued a bulletin three days ago for roof panel cracks...They crack at the seem under the passenger molding. 3K++ units affected. The fix? Get the ******** in the body shop to pop off the associated parts, stitch-weld the crack, paint it and slap the molding back on where it can't be seen. If you trade every couple years, no big deal. Keep it for a long time? Good luck with that........ My point is, buy the truck based on what you like and don't sweat the reported roof leaks, hemi tick, etc. If it's gonna happen...it'll happen.

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Ram Cares the peeling leather dash (glue separation) is only an issue on 2019 and 2020 models - Longhorn and Limited. If not resolved under warranty, Ram Cares apparently handles the repair on a case by case basis if you contact them and open a case. This is the situation with my 2020 Longhorn.

jrapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO dash issues, and my truck is outside 24/7 (and it does get to 100-110F for many days in a row in spring/summer/fall), but I do have a Dash Cover on the dash. Will attach photo. But good MX means a lot also.

FYI, the bubbling dash problem was with the leather on Longhorn and limited models - 2019 and 2020

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The rear window has been redesigned which I believe has resolved the window leaks. I’m not sure if they changed the sealing on the antenna and center roof brake light - I hope so. Headlights on my Limited are as good as any I’ve experienced.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I watched a video on the Denali. Sweet truck. Love the square lines. It was the Denali Ultimate though. Very expensive.

Both expensive. Both are sweet. Tough choice. My budget limited my choices. MO money, MO problems lol.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Drive them and buy what you like and can afford. Even the bighorns are spectacular. If you want lotsa bells and whistles, pay for them and enjoy!

You can’t go wrong with any truck really.

Baoluo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love love love everything about my 2024 limited!!! No issues with anything yet. Of course I’ve only had it 2 months…but it is amazing. The adaptive headlights are awesome! In fact all the bells and whistles make me not want to get out of my truck. No leaks. Love the panoramic roof. We’ll see what the future holds but coming from a really nice 2017 Laramie…I just love this 2024 Limited.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, the bubbling dash problem was with the leather on Longhorn and limited models - 2019 and 2020
Well, it is just so hot here, but of course, no leather on Biggyhorn. BUT, I have the Black / Light Mountain Brown Interior Colors. The light colored dashboard is a monster reflective item like a mirror, and the cover cuts all of the reflective glare out of the windshield. Really helps to see for me anyway.

Kygolfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never had a Denali. Had one GM truck in my life and will never go back. Love my 2021 Laramie and the headlights, no leaks, and dashboard is fine. From what I have read the hemi tick is from too much idling. If you drive it and not excessive idle it will be fine. I hate anytime I get to my destination and have to get out of my Ram. I like it that much. My wife drove it for the first time the other day and now she wants my truck and she loves her Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

OP
OP
N

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Thanks everyone for your opinions and information. It appears that my worries about the RAM are unfounded. It seems everyone loves their RAMS. I will make a decision by the end of the year and it will probably be the Limited unless the Denali test drive just blows me away. The local GMC dealer did not have a Denali on the lot for me to test drive but one will be in on Tuesday. Thanks again.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone for your opinions and information. It appears that my worries about the RAM are unfounded. It seems everyone loves their RAMS. I will make a decision by the end of the year and it will probably be the Limited unless the Denali test drive just blows me away. The local GMC dealer did not have a Denali on the lot for me to test drive but one will be in on Tuesday. Thanks again.
Good luck with your decision. Let us know which route you decide to take and why.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck and enjoy either truck you purchase. I just came from a GMC, it was the SLT not Denali, but fully loaded.

My truck was a headache from week two and I learned to really dislike it. But I have heard similar from disgruntled Ram owners who got a bad one.

Buy what you want and enjoy.

OP
OP
N

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Good luck with your decision. Let us know which route you decide to take and why.
I decided on the Limited and bought one from Mark Dodge yesterday. I went through AnthonyRI who is a preferred vendor on this site and Thomas Loupe at the dealership. This was by far the most pleasant buying experience I have experienced with any new vehicle purchase. I highly recommend Anthony, Thomas and Mark Dodge in Lake Charles.
I did the Denali test drive and loved it but I decided the Limited is a better fit for me. The Denali did have some features which beat out the Limited in my opinion. I prefer the corner step in the bumper over the bed step in the Limited. The power adjustable steering column feature is nice but I would probably only use it one time. The multi-function tailgate is a fantastic idea, and the Denali has an actual gear shift instead of the ridiculous rotary knob.
What sold me on the Limited were more subjective vs objective differences. As comfortable as the Denali was it still rode like a truck. The Limited ride quality feels more like a luxury vehicle with a bed. The ride quality is superb and may even be better than the wife's BMW. The RAM has a much quieter cabin and reduced road noise. I preferred the cabin layout and the fit and finish of the cabin are excellent. The rear seats recline and have storage underneath, and the bins in the rear floor are a great addition. The RAM with the Hemi seems more responsive than the Denali with the 5.3. Both trucks are beautiful but the RAM has the look I prefer.
With the Mark Dodge price and the RAM rebates the RAM came in at $6K plus lower than the best deal I could work on the Deanli. In my opinion the RAM comes out ahead for my usage.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
a limited was out of my price range and since I would be towing a camper would also have even less cargo capacity so I bought a '19 laramie when they first came out. it had plenty of bells and whistles for me. 4x4 ccsb 5.7 3.92 rear end, off road, trailer brake control, e-locker, sport hood, 33 gal, nav and bucket seats. it was the best truck I ever owned and I would still have it if we hadnt bought a 5th wheel to tow.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2023 1500 Limited owner here...I just love, love, love my truck. This is my fourth Ram and second Limited model (previous was a 2016 Limited which I also loved). I did test drive a Denali and really have nothing bad to say about it. They are both great trucks all around especially if you love the bells and whistles (and can afford them). I just loved the look of the Ram just a bit more and I was able to get a good deal on a custom order.

Good luck with whatever route you take!

TRK Ceramic Modesta 051823.jpg

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
In my experience Anthony at Mark Dodge is absolutely the best. I ordered my 24 Laramie at the end of Sept and it arrived in 8 weeks flat.

Anthony shoots straight and is very forthcoming about rebates. Koons was 1000 miles closer to me but it felt like they might or might not get for me the many rebates buyers are entitled to especially now.