Going back to Ram.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Well its a DONE deal ordered a 2022 Ram 1500 big horn with the 5.7 etorque engine.Dealer said 10 week wait time we shall see.

At this late date, why not wait for the 2023, they will be going down the line
shortly, probably June, and with the new I-6.

When ordering, times will vary, higher optioned models, require many more
controllers, semi-conductors, etc. You will wait longer.

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
At this late date, why not wait for the 2023, they will be going down the line
shortly, probably June, and with the new I-6.

When ordering, times will vary, higher optioned models, require many more
controllers, semi-conductors, etc. You will wait longer.
Because I wanted a new truck ASAP.I am a old fugger time is short.Any other comments?

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 3.55 is available with all engines.........

In what country? On the build website it shows all three options for half ton gears (3.21/3.55/3.92) but if you select the 3.55 option the engine choice will default to the pentastar. How does one go about getting a hemi with the 3.55 gears from the factory?

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
In what country? On the build website it shows all three options for half ton gears (3.21/3.55/3.92) but if you select the 3.55 option the engine choice will default to the pentastar. How does one go about getting a hemi with the 3.55 gears from the factory?
Yes sir you are correct.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8-12 weeks would be great.
Friend of mine ordered a Ford F-350 in the beginning of October. Still waiting.
I ordered a new Tahoe for my wife one month ago. Dealer said to me “We will talk price when we find out what model year it is going to be”.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8-12 weeks would be great.
Friend of mine ordered a Ford F-350 in the beginning of October. Still waiting.
I ordered a new Tahoe for my wife one month ago. Dealer said to me “We will talk price when we find out what model year it is going to be”.
Ouch! I spec’d my lightening order last week and put the order deposit and the price is set and that is probably a 2023. I should say price is Supposedly set!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because I wanted a new truck ASAP.I am a old fugger time is short.Any other comments?
OH yeah, I have a comment. Good luck on yer new purchase. Also, IMHO, do not use yer etorque setup to jump another vehicle, use a jump box.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Care to elaborate on why?
There are a couple of write ups etc on the e torque system and problems from jumping another vehicle. I do not know if it was particular or what, but if I had, I would be concerned also with the electronics associated ref the Generator system, 48V battery and accessories. I would not even jump with my Non E-torque. Why I have a digitized jump box I carry when traveling. I have seen a lot of systems, not just RAM goofed when things not done properly. On my County Unit, I had to pull all 3 main fuses in order to jump ne thing from that truck to not blow up installed equipment. With all the electronics installed, that alone would back me off from jumping anything with MY 19. Again all IMHO.

ADDED: Look at this thread, specifically post # 22: An opinion, but not the 1st time I have heard this, just 1st time I have seen posted.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There are a couple of write ups etc on the e torque system and problems from jumping another vehicle. I do not know if it was particular or what, but if I had, I would be concerned also with the electronics associated ref the Generator system, 48V battery and accessories. I would not even jump with my Non E-torque. Why I have a digitized jump box I carry when traveling. I have seen a lot of systems, not just RAM goofed when things not done properly. On my County Unit, I had to pull all 3 main fuses in order to jump ne thing from that truck to not blow up installed equipment. With all the electronics installed, that alone would back me off from jumping anything with MY 19. Again all IMHO.

ADDED: Look at this thread, specifically post # 22: An opinion, but not the 1st time I have heard this, just 1st time I have seen posted.

Post#22 in your link is full of speculation and opinion, with no facts to back them up. I'm hesitant as well to use my truck to jump start another vehicle. I've been this way for years though, mostly because of errors in making connections. I do carry a jump pack, in case I or someone else needs a jump. I was just curious to see if you had seen any real information or specifics as to why. Thanks for replying.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can jump start them. They are two separate batteries and systems. The generator/alternator is powered by the 48v when at a stop, this also starts the engine again. The engine starter only works on initial start up.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are braver then dis BOIRD. But alas, my lil digitized jump box works well.
Post#22 in your link is full of speculation and opinion, with no facts to back them up. I'm hesitant as well to use my truck to jump start another vehicle. I've been this way for years though, mostly because of errors in making connections. I do carry a jump pack, in case I or someone else needs a jump. I was just curious to see if you had seen any real information or specifics as to why. Thanks for replying.
YUP, lots, but I know someone who had the problem, just not part of this forum. Even though I hate guessnosis, betta to put info out then not IMHO, but each to their own, I's just a BOIRD, LOL. Wonder if the "new" Improved I6 coming out is gonna have this system installed, hmmmmmmm. I have not read much on it nor really looked into it yet, just not work for me. Very happy with old rusty, crusty but tried and true Hemi.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sounds like a great truck. I have etorque and like it. I would have gone 3:55 if it was an option. Went with the 3:92 and have no complaints.

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like a great truck. I have etorque and like it. I would have gone 3:55 if it was an option. Went with the 3:92 and have no complaints.
Curious what type of gas mileage you are getting? I assume you have the 5.7 engine? I will have the same setup as yours.Thanks..