Got it --- Back to a Ram EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
justatruck

justatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Too much chrome :bleh:

Just kidding...Congrats on your new Longhorn! :waytogo:

Didn't want to pay for paint matching when most of that will be swapped with aftermarket anyways. and i like the crhome look :p

OP
OP
justatruck

justatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Very hansom truck. Great color choice. Enjoy!

Thanks! Max steel is my favorite. I really like the delmonico too... my girls wanted red so red it was :)

OP
OP
justatruck

justatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I have been eying those 1500 dsl rams too but you only have 1004# cargo cap. I am looking for a better tow vehicle and if those had a higher cargo cap. one might be a good option for me. that delmonico red looks really nice

Yeah - it is disappointing the diesels aren't higher rated than they are. However, I have done the gasser thing and every time, while the throttle response is nice, i like the smoothness of the diesel. Also since reality is i don't tow often and don't tow heavy... its perfect. I asked the wifey about going forward with a 2500 this time round and she said IF we tow heavy in coming years, we will trade at that time. for now - the 1500 was what she was okay with.

OP
OP
justatruck

justatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I agree, that's a great looking, loaded truck, but the 1004# payload is a very light, but not every truck is destined to tow heavy regularly. Enjoy that ride!

Exactly - the load is enough for what i need/ do on a regular basis. Even during the hurricane stuff last year when i pulled a 20 footer with my previous Silverado max i pulled was about 8k (if even that) and it was full of furniture and household items. So later this year when i pull again to take all that back to my grandmothers ... the diesel will be even better to have. ... It's actually what made my mind up to swap back so soon and to order the way I wanted. I couldn't find a 2020 limited the way I wanted and since 21's were out and orderable... and then I saw that its 10th anniversary... well the rest is history.

Specifically, what I couldn't find as a grouping was the 4x4 in Diesel with BOTH the multi tailgate and ram boxes ... and BOTH 4x4 with off road package. Usually the one thing it didn't have was the off-road package. I also wanted the air suspension which is why I stuck to looking at Longhorns and Limited. Add that the 21s had available tech package with heads up display which I was on the fence about... I went ahead with ordering it. I also did not want the paint to match bumpers and had 0 interest in paying 2400 upcharge for 22'' rims on a 4x4. All in all, I'm happy and in love and now that the truck has 'broken in' - past 500 miles already... it's riding like a dream and driving smoother than snot.

these trucks can't be beat IMO.

OP
OP
justatruck

justatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Nice looking truck...but damnnnnnnn, that's more than the first house I bought in the 80's - and I'm not that old. I'm going on the hunch you had trade value, rebates and discounts to get it at or below a reasonable $50K? I saw a guy back in September purchase a loaded Longhorn with everything on it including the Ecodiesel and finance $82,000 for 84 months!

I had some negative equity to eat up from the trade - 2020 LTZ Silverado that was fully loaded and 6 months old - that I realized I would have to. So rebates, discounts, associated pricing, etc. made it a reasonable deal for me. Certainly did not finance that value. A fully optioned Longhorn 10th anniversary is north of 78k MSRP. These trucks have definitely become expensive. A Limited or Longhorn 2500 can be had for 72k after discounts and rebates if you wait for the right time of year. I think 50K is achievable to someone not carrying negative and with money down but without employee pricing (ecodiesel is excluded) I think 50K is a little hopeful on the 21's till closer to March. I think the 20 Limited fully optioned is coming in around 51K for most dealerships right now and those are the e-torque or hemi trucks.

All that said someone coming in off the street should expect to pay in the 60s for this truck until late in the model year. But then you may not be able to order or find exactly what you want.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had some negative equity to eat up from the trade - 2020 LTZ Silverado that was fully loaded and 6 months old - that I realized I would have to. So rebates, discounts, associated pricing, etc. made it a reasonable deal for me. Certainly did not finance that value. A fully optioned Longhorn 10th anniversary is north of 78k MSRP. These trucks have definitely become expensive. A Limited or Longhorn 2500 can be had for 72k after discounts and rebates if you wait for the right time of year. I think 50K is achievable to someone not carrying negative and with money down but without employee pricing (ecodiesel is excluded) I think 50K is a little hopeful on the 21's till closer to March. I think the 20 Limited fully optioned is coming in around 51K for most dealerships right now and those are the e-torque or hemi trucks.

All that said someone coming in off the street should expect to pay in the 60s for this truck until late in the model year. But then you may not be able to order or find exactly what you want.
Understand. The way these prices keep climbing, it will soon be cheaper to purchase a new Freightliner, Peterbuilt or Kenworth! ;)