Hard-wire Dash Cam Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this setup on my F150 and just finished the install on my RAM. The dash cam is powered up when the truck is on and off when it's off. I won't go into the reviews of this dash cam or setup, but I've had it for two years and no complaints. Great video quality as well.

Dash cam - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQSXWUM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hard wire kit - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MH4ZVHO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking at the owners manual, there is a fuse box located below the steering column, fuse F66 is unused, 10a and labelled as an accessory fuse. Perfect for what I'm trying to do.

u49d9UT.jpg

The dash panel below the steering column is held on by two bolts at the bottom and a bunch of clips, I used a non marring trim removal tool to help loosen those up. Once it's off, you'll have open access to the fuse block.

YIEylAX.jpg

J7oSsXk.jpg

With my F150, a add-a-fuse setup would barely fit, so I just wrapped the hot wire around a fuse and plugged it back in. Since the fuse is unused in the RAM, that sounded good as well.

TxSzqku.jpg

The trim panel to the left of the instrument panel pops off with trim removal tools as well (a few clips holding it on). Use a phillips screwdriver to loosen up one of the screws enough to get the ground wire in place and mounted. A few zip ties to keep the wiring in place and from bouncing around as well.

J5aa3Z9.jpg

On my F150 I pulled off the A pillar trip piece to route the wiring up and into the front of the headliner, over to where I mounted the dash cam by the mirror. In the RAM, I was able to sneak it behind the A pillar trim without removing it.

pCJMpy4.jpg

qjOGswC.jpg

Hope this helps!

strat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is just what I was looking for. Question, how did you get the wire across the top? Did you just stuff the wire up into the headliner?

OP
OP
F

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is just what I was looking for. Question, how did you get the wire across the top? Did you just stuff the wire up into the headliner?
Correct. Did the same on both F150s I had an it stayed put.