Harvest Sunrise Express Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Happened upon this Canadian listing of the 2023 Classic Express. I don't think most people know it exists, as the Express trim was already discontinued in the US due presumably to low sales. It's an expensive package at $5,925 Canadian though. I wish this color was offered in the US when I ordered my truck. It looks similar to "Copperhead Orange" that was offered in 2013. It used to be that you could get any color as a stand-alone option in any trim. Seems like those days are long gone.

https://www.grimsbychrysler.ca/new/vehicle/2023-ram-1500-classic-tradesman-id12450659.htm

1C6RR7FG0PS585243.jpg
124026929.jpeg
124026942.jpeg
124026934.jpeg

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Great looking truck. Love the color too bad if you brought it back to the states no warranty.

Would be interested if it was a quad cab. Looks nicely optioned.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking truck. Love the color too bad if you brought it back to the states no warranty.

I've heard this before and could never understand that warranty issue, is that another FCA special deal?

I bought a 'made for the US' Tundra from a big Canadian Toyota dealer and the warranty was fantastic. My truck had a dual citizenship warranty which I exercised many times in Canada.

Then after a huge recall where Toyota Canada & Toyota USA extended the warranty out to 15 years, I couldn't find the parts in Canada.

I called a Toyota dealer in Upstate NY and they were very happy to complete the warranty recall at no charge.

This experience made me think that, as a Canadian, buying a US-market Toyota was a great deal.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I'm not certain how it works in Canada my understanding in the US, if its imported from another country no warranty in US.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always loved that color. I wanted a Tequilla Sunrise one when I was looking for a ram. Best deal was on a white one.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I've heard this before and could never understand that warranty issue, is that another FCA special deal?

There are different independent business units underwriting/administering the warranties within the Stellantis umbrella. IIRC, FCA Canada Inc is separate from FCA US LLC and that's the issue.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not certain how it works in Canada my understanding in the US, if its imported from another country no warranty in US.

There are different independent business units underwriting/administering the warranties within the Stellantis umbrella. IIRC, FCA Canada Inc is separate from FCA US LLC and that's the issue.

The country of origination isn't the deciding factor, it's more dependent on the manufacturer, the planet alignment, and luck, in some cases.

Toyota Canada makes it very clear that a new vehicle warranty is valid in Canada and the US.
And according to this dude in the video linked below, every other manufacturer besides GM is a crap shoot. I believe he said no problem with GM warranties.

Toyota warranty.jpg

Likewise, Toyota USA has the same policy.

Toyota warranty US to Canada.jpg

Apparently, there may be a process to buy a new Canadian FCA vehicle, import it to the USA and still have a warranty, however, buying a Canadian vehicle in the US, is a no-go unless previously authorized by FCA. I copied this from a Canadian '21 Ram 1500 Classic warranty manual.

FCA Canada export to USA.jpg

If you move from Canada to the USA, FCA may have a process to transfer your warranty but... it does appear somewhat ambiguous. LOL

Ram warranty moving to US.jpg

I have no further info on FCA USA vehicle warranties being authorized in Canada, yet. :cool:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The country of origination isn't the deciding factor, it's more dependent on the manufacturer, the planet alignment, and luck, in some cases.

Since you quoted me, I want to be clear I didn't indicate country of origin matters. Warranty administrator/underwriter is what matters. Canada and USA happen to be under different entities for FCA, so in this instance country of origin is simply happenstance that aligns with the warranty admin.

(I worked in the warranty/insurance world for about 3 years before coming to my senses, it's a fairly shady pass-the-buck system sometimes)