Headlights flicker when driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12RAMSTER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this problem has occurred twice so far. I'd be driving along and the headlights will flicker once. I'm thinking maybe the TIPM. One other thing is that when my bass hits (sub level not all the way up) the lights will dim every beat. Anyone else ran into this problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OilCityOperator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your system is drawing too much power, might want to look into a new battery and better alternator

Some guys will try and recommend a capacitor personally I think that's just a band-aid fix and they are garbage

OP
OP
12RAMSTER

12RAMSTER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it has a brand new alternator and the battery has 700 cca and the battery is supposed to have 750cca

Meathook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex Fuel
Not sure why they have flickering headlights, but the dimming is from power draw. I agree with the guy above on not using a capacitor. What I done in my old ride was I had 2 yellow tops just for my sub amps. Using a battery isolator . A simple fix, just a little costly. But back to the flickering. Does it do it when you hit a bump or on rough roads? Was it both lights or just one? Check your wiring on the lights and trace it back to the power source. If it was just one light that done it you might have a loose connection at the bulb itself.

OP
OP
12RAMSTER

12RAMSTER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No my fog lights and headlights will both shut off for a few seconds. Now I just had a remote start installed yesterday and when I started it today I noticed both the headlights would come on and flash. Now I dont know if it has a timer built in to have the lights flash like that if its about to time out. But what's weird is that sometimes I will start the vehicle and only the fog lights will come on (last night), headlights came on the second time with no fog lights on (3 am this morning) then the third time I used it just the parking lamps came on. Not sure if any of this is related or not. And no I did not hit any bumps when they flickered and the radio was not on when it happened.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93