Heavy Exhaust smell in Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cannan50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3500 Diesel
I have a 2019 Ram Diesel 3500 and I am getting heavy exhaust smell in the cab and engine is giving off a heavy exhaust smell. I noticed there is a light smoke coming from the under the hood. I've checked and I don't see any issues and all my gages are ok. Any idea what this could be?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
i drive a 3 ton kenworth with a cummins engine and got a heavy smell it could be the egr leaking coolant and causing the light smoke under the hood also check your frost plugs for leaks as well they both failed on the kenworth

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram Diesel 3500 and I am getting heavy exhaust smell in the cab and engine is giving off a heavy exhaust smell. I noticed there is a light smoke coming from the under the hood. I've checked and I don't see any issues and all my gages are ok. Any idea what this could be?
Check the exhaust manifolds. I believe they also break the bolts as the 5.7s do.