Help needed to identify gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocephus86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased my 2016 Ram 1500 Tradesman. I've fixed a few issues, and now am leaking transmission fluid and from another location. I have the gasket, bolts, filter/pan, and transmission fluid for a changeout on Friday. I want to change the gasket of the other item, but don't know what to order.

Can someone tell me what this is? See the photo.
Note: I have looked for this in the owner's manual, YouTube, google, etc. No luck.

Thanks in advance!

Updated - Lower Engine Oil Pan. Solved. Thanks

Joe

Attachments

• Ram Pan Leak.jpg
    Ram Pan Leak.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What engine do you have. That looks like the 8 speed trans but the pan you are asking about is not related to the transmission. It is in front of the bell housing. Looks to be engine oil pan lower.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many miles do you have on your truck? I ask because in your pic it appears you have a coating of something “oily” along the rear of the engine and the front of the transmission. On the 3.6L that oily coating typically comes from a leaking oil cooler/oil filter housing. If you aren’t familiar with this situation find the oil filter housing cap on the top of the motor. Use a flashlight and look down into the valley between the cylinder banks. If you have oil pooling down there chances are more than good your oil filter housing is leaking from below. It doesn’t have to be cracked as the seals typically give out around 100k miles that’s why I’m asking how many miles it’s got on the clock.