Help w/Trim Levels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No offense, but I'm the proud owner of a 20 year old F-250. However, it may be time to look for something new and I am impressed with the '19 Rams. New F-150s are getting some pretty bad reviews from owners. Can someone, maybe with knowledge of both brands, help me with the Ram trim levels? I want something comparable to the Lariat trim. What would that be in the Ram?

Thanks for your help.

PaPa_Brewskey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To answer your question regarding trim levels, comparable to a Lariat, would be a Laramie.

I've owned both, I still own my RAM, if that tells ya anything. Granted I owned 1/2 ton's, but I have friends who own construction companies who've run Super Duties for ever, and they're now going to RAM's after all the problems the Super Duties have had over the last couple of years. I also have to say, I'm noticing way more RAM Heavy Duties on the road over the last year or two as well. Just MHO,

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
Lariat=Laramie
King Ranch=Longhorn
Platinum=Limited

More or less

therethere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Roughly:

Tradesmen=XL
Big Horn = XLT
Laramie = Lariat
Longhorn = King Ranch
Limited = Platinum

Rebel doesn’t really have a Ford trim equivalent. It is not as hardcore as the Raptor but it is much much cheaper.

You’ll find, however, that since Ram doesn’t have the same sales dominance Ford has that it is usually easier and cheaper to get more of the bells and whistles on lower trim levels than Ford.

RixRox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had been driving Ford trucks since i was 15. Im now 60. I switched to RAM last year. I bought a 1999 F-250 new with the 7.2 diesel engine. Lots of room, great engine...very happy with it. I went to an F150 in 2013 and found it to be lacking in comfort, style and attitude. I had noticed that RAMs fitiment had improved over the years making it, IMHO, a truck worth considering for my next purchase. A big step for me since i have always had a Ford truck. I bought a 2016 Laramie Longhorn (in 2017) and OMGosh. Very happy! Even though it is a 1500, it feels like youre in a F-250. The Longhorn is an awesome trim level. Now Im looking at the 2019 which i will probably wait till Q1 to get serious about it.
Now, to answer the question about trim levels. I found the video very helpful
Enjoy your new RAM brother.

Last edited:

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Previous answers are correct.

XLT = Big Horn
Lariat = Laramie

But you get more standard equipment with the Rams.

I have leased seven F150's (XLT, FX4) over 20 years, for business purposes.. In 2015 Ford came out with the aluminum body and the small turbo engine. I was excited to get one until they showed me the lease payment.

I ended up with a 2015 Big Horn. Loved it. So, so many things were better and nicer than the F150. Although I knew I was going to get another Ram I went back to look at Ford's a couple months ago when my lease was coming due and was shocked to see that I needed to get a Lariat to get a heated steering wheel. Not only that but the trailer hitch and wiring, standard on Big Horn was a $995 package on XLT or Lariat.

I got the 2018 Big Horn.

You can download an e-brochure here, and get acquainted with the various trim levels and packages:
https://www.ramtrucks.com/gab.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MaxB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you all for the info. I've pretty much decided that I'm going with a Ram over the F150.