help with air conditioning for dogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trout8

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
Want to buy a Ram but we need to carry our dogs in kennels in truck bed with an insulated canopy. How can we get air conditioning to them during summer heat? Back in the day, we had a cab- over- camper with the rear window in the pickup removed and a 'boot' through to the camper. Is something like that possible?

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW No answers?
I need something. Just installed a topper on our new RAM.
This is $140 bit much for what it is.
ANY Ideas?

topper boot.jpg

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
With my black long haired Belgian Sheepdogs I used a fiberglass cap and I had all the side and back windows tinted. While driving on hot days I opened the rear window of the cab and the front window of the cap and usually they would stick their heads into the cab it it got to warm in the back.

In general, using tinted windows or even better adding some black curtains on the sides keeps your truck's cap from functioning like a greenhouse. I also carry a large canteen and a porcelain water bowl (4" deep and 15" in diameter) and when I make a pit stop they get fresh water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca