Herculiner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Anybody know how to get the can open the easiest way? I tried a screwdriver and paint can opener but i cant seem to seperate the lid from the can lol

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lol try those little metal things u get from like home depot for opening paint cans

[tapatalkin]

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Take the end of a screwdriver with a big handle, and whack the lid all the way around like your trying to close it. Put some muscle into it. Then try the paint can opener again. Or head to your local Sherwin Williams and ask them to open it for you. GL

OP
OP
K

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Take the end of a screwdriver with a big handle, and whack the lid all the way around like your trying to close it. Put some muscle into it. Then try the paint can opener again. Or head to your local Sherwin Williams and ask them to open it for you. GL
Thanks Bryan ! This did the trick lol i felt like an idiot bc i couldnt get it open, but you were right, it def does take some muscle. They seal em tight.

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
when i was doing the racks on my 4wheeler, i could not get it open, i found a junk china drill but laying around, drilled a big hold and a drain hole and put the liner into a different storage container.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks Bryan ! This did the trick lol i felt like an idiot bc i couldnt get it open, but you were right, it def does take some muscle. They seal em tight.

No problem! I deal with paint cans every day so I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Lol

OP
OP
K

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
Yeah that drill bit was gonna be my last resort if i couldnt open it lol and i can tell bryan, but it sure helped me out alot!

And btw, i have to say i like this herculiner so far. I like the fact that its so textured and full of the particles. It goes on real nice and dries with a glossiness to it which i also like. Only thing to do now is put it to the test and see how it holds up to the elements :)