Hershey RV show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Good morning,

My wife and I attended the Hershey RV show yesterday. We had a great time. Came close to buying a new trailer, but I just couldn't spend $30k on a rig that gets used 6 times per year. It was nice though and a fun day looking and waking around.

Glad I'm fully vaccinated against covid though. It was packed with people, not much if any mask wearing, etc. Almost like 2019 when we weren't in this pandemic. If I wasn't I'd have left. I was suprised at the turnout.

Have a good day y'all..

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about going but I had to work that weekend. Besides I already spent my allowance this year. It would have been just to look. Maybe we'll check out the AC one. It's not as big but it's still something to do for the day.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Lol! Yes, you already bought yourself a very nice rig this year. Nice bro, when is that one?

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol! Yes, you already bought yourself a very nice rig this year. Nice bro, when is that one?
Thanks.

Feb 18th to 20th. AC convention center.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Copy that, thanks. I plan on seeing what prices are like next year and maybe make a decision then. Not sure what we want to do yet. I am blessed with a wonderful wife who will support what I want to do.

My long term, many year struggle is spending all of that money on a camper that will get used 5-6 times per year. With the boys marching band events, one who works part time, spring/summer family holiday parties and nieces and nephew birthday parties, it's tough to be able to find time to get out more than that. Plus my OCD cleaning and that I have to clean the camper inside and out after every trip does not help either. Plus washing my truck to get the tree dirt and fire ash off of it. For me with all of that it would be hard to go more than once per month.

That's probably why we still have the 1989 Layton, which I bought 8-9 years ago with the thought if we liked camping as a family, I'd keep it 2-3 yrs and then get something newer. Then we bought another house and renovated it in 2017 when I was seriously considering a new one. I had a chance to buy a coachman Catalina at the Hershey show in 2018 for 12,700 including the Layton and should have done that, but with just going into debt for the house didnt think the timing was right.

So I'll keep looking. Maybe end up buying a used one 2-3 yrs old maybe if I can find one post pandemic for a good price. I enjoy the shows though. Its fun to check out all of the new campers.

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We try to go at least 7 times a year. April thru Oct once a month. I work shift so I'm working two weekends every month so we try going at least one of the weekends I have off. Then I have my weekend trip to Carlisle once a year. If we can go more we do but that's the typical schedule for us.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Pretty similar to ours then. We dont typically go at all in June as that's our beach trip week, but there have been some years recently we didnt go in June and stayed local and used the TT.

I was glad to have it last year during the shutdown that's for sure. Our camping weekends were the only times we got away from home so that 32 yr old TT was worth gold to us last year.

I appreciate your input brother as you've had a few new campers since I've known you on this board. We'll have to do something eventually, but not sure when or what we'll end up with.

Have a good Monday y'all.