High load at idle HELP !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nemosuave22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2009 ram 1500 5.7, 5 speed. I did a 6.4 new proformance springs MDS delete that includes the non MDS lifters and hellcat oil pump with a tune. Problem I’m having is at idle my map reads around 60 kpa. Typically you can start theses swaps on a stock tune and it will run fine till you can get a tune. In my case I have the tune she starts up and chops fine although I need to adjust the fuel ratio. So the problem I’m having is that high load at idle I figured it was a vacuum leak but as far as I diagnosed I can’t find one. My timing is on point I know of that and I put in a new map sensor cause maybe I’d get lucky but no luck still dumping a lot of fuel at idle. What can cause this to happen. Has anyone had experience with this problem please help !!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2009 ram 1500 5.7, 5 speed. I did a 6.4 new proformance springs MDS delete that includes the non MDS lifters and hellcat oil pump with a tune. Problem I’m having is at idle my map reads around 60 kpa. Typically you can start theses swaps on a stock tune and it will run fine till you can get a tune. In my case I have the tune she starts up and chops fine although I need to adjust the fuel ratio. So the problem I’m having is that high load at idle I figured it was a vacuum leak but as far as I diagnosed I can’t find one. My timing is on point I know of that and I put in a new map sensor cause maybe I’d get lucky but no luck still dumping a lot of fuel at idle. What can cause this to happen. Has anyone had experience with this problem please help !!
Go to your other post,i gave you a couple links to the HP forum to ask questions.BTW how many threads do you plan on starting for this issue?? You already have a thread going

OP
OP
N

Nemosuave22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was for the tune this one is for the my current situation. Luckily the internet has an infinite amount of space.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That was for the tune this one is for the my current situation. Luckily the internet has an infinite amount of space.
Get on that thread i linked,and start asking questions.There's HP tuners on the HP forum,if you haven't figured that out by now,lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357