How difficult to pull a 4th gen fuse box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How difficult is it to pull the fuse box to access the connectors below? And of course how easy is it to put it back in?

The reason is, I was considering tapping (solder, not taps) a couple headlight wires from the big green C3 connector which is under the fuse box.

If anyone thinks disturbing all the connectors by pulling the fuse box is a bad idea, I can always pull a headlight, but I'm curious on how to pull the box anyway.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you ever get an answer on this? Are you talking about the TIPM under the hood or the fuse box in the cab?

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The TIPM under the hood. I've never seen one removed. It lookes to me ling the top part with the fuses just pulls off after the bolt is removed, but I'm not sure how easy. Or more importantly, putting it back on.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to pull my TIPM to install/wire my remote tailgate lock. On mine, (2012) I disconnect the battery, then the power cable, then push in the tabs on each corner and it lifts right out. The connectors on the bottom have locking levers that hold them in. you'd have to do some serious tugging to pull anything loose.
Most of the guys here who are installing remote tailgate locks, cameras, etc. are pulling the TIPM without incident.
I found a pic that might make it easier for you. Hope this helps.

picture.php

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great, thanks John! That's exactly what I needed and the picture is a big help

Ray

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad I could help. I also responded to your post about your bricked RBZ a while back... did you ever get that fixed?

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad I could help. I also responded to your post about your bricked RBZ a while back... did you ever get that fixed?

No, no matter what button combinations I used, it just stayed stuck in a boot loop. I finally could at least get the screen to open if I timed it right, but the CD wouldn't eject.

I ended up biting the bullet and picking up another RBZ on eBay. It really sucked spending another $200.
When I get a chance I'll put the old on on eBay as a parts unit. I saw others listed as dead still going for over $100.

The good thing about the last one I got is that it's newer and I was able to flash newer firmware with the nice black and darker blue theme.

Ray

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out the post you had about it. I replied with a link for troubleshooting these radios when they're stuck in a boot loop. Seems the hard drive may be to blame. Since you were updating it when this started, it could be the culprit.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, going to read now :)

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
BTW< If it is a Dead hard drive. they are pretty inexpensive and very easy to re-partition it itself. LMK if you need some help. I have the REN and I had a corrupt Hard drive that was acting very stupid. I pulled it and re-partitioned it.

OP
OP
Ocelot

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I'll do some more testing when I can work outside without freezing. Winter sucks!