Husky or WeatherTech mud guards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Who has what? How do you like them? How's the fitment and securement?

Yes I searched, not many answers on this..

After last winter (my first with the 2014) and seeing how badly packed with snow/ice the rear bumper got, I want to put guards on the truck for the snow season only...

I know WeatherTech's have the "no drill" quick cam design fasteners, and Husky's require drilling one hole each. I like that husky provides a paint protecting film but I could just buy some 3M to go with some WeatherTechs. Also at this exchange rate, they're about the same price each.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who has what? How do you like them? How's the fitment and securement?

Yes I searched, not many answers on this..

After last winter (my first with the 2014) and seeing how badly packed with snow/ice the rear bumper got, I want to put guards on the truck for the snow season only...

I know WeatherTech's have the "no drill" quick cam design fasteners, and Husky's require drilling one hole each. I like that husky provides a paint protecting film but I could just buy some 3M to go with some WeatherTechs. Also at this exchange rate, they're about the same price each.
I have the weathertec because I have the wheel to wheel side steps. I used the existing bolts to hold them in and I didn't apply any 3m tape. They do the job, but I wish they were wider like the husky ones.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also have the WeatherTech custom fit flaps. They're great quality and no-drill. Use existing bolts.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I put Huskys on my dually. They fit well and were easy to install.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Husky's here too. they use the factory holes at the wheel well so you only have to drill a hole in the fender liner to attach the innermost part.

Nekozame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Husky with CC wheel to wheel side steps. The only hole needed is in the plastic of the wheel well not the body. Very happy and they come with the paint protective layer.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had a set of Husky's on mine. Just recently went with OEM fender flares. I just liked the style of the Husky's over the Weathertechs.

I had them on for less than a year and I have the protective tape for them. If your interested in buying them shoot me a PM.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other contender here is duraflap. Their stuff is good to.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another Husky guy here. Very happy with them, made a world of improvement keeping running boards clean with the front ones, and bed step clean and crud free with the rears.

Wasn't my first mod, but seeing how dramatic a difference it makes keeping gravel, etc from hitting the paint on the bottom panels it should have been.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Weathertech here with wheel to wheel NFab step bars. No fitment issues at all.

jusalt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Truck Hardware Mud Guards

The WeatherTechs are really easy to install but are kind of bland. My buddy has a set of these Gatorback mud guards on his truck. They have a stainless steel plate and the Ram Logo they look awesome!

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got weathertech. Liked the no drill molded fit.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the Husky flaps.Didn't realize that they required drilling until it was too late to return them.When I went back to get my nerf bars that I ordered I said to the guy that I wouldn't have taken them if I knew you had to drill.He said it wasn't really necessary to do the drilled hole.I said well that's good because I had not drilled mine,just left it.Been on there for a couple of months and I've been keeping an eye on them to see if there's any marking from them moving and nothing so far.

Ox1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has no one tried the MOPAR mud guards? Are they so bad that these aftermarket offerings are the way to go?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Has no one tried the MOPAR mud guards? Are they so bad that these aftermarket offerings are the way to go?
I have the Mopar hard plastic mud flaps/guards on my 2013 stock Crew cab. They fit well and keep my white truck a lot cleaner but I worry about breaking them off if I ever drive through deep enough snow.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Hibyte_MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The WeatherTechs are really easy to install but are kind of bland. My buddy has a set of these Gatorback mud guards on his truck. They have a stainless steel plate and the Ram Logo they look awesome!

I really like the idea of these gatorback flaps over the stock pre-formed plastic Blah looking flaps. Im really disappointed there are not a few options to choose from.

I have been looking online for answers and have ended up with more questions here a few if any of you can give some advice and input

I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Bighorn
i will be installing wheel to wheel running boards

1) When installing new flaps do you have to take of what i think is the "spat" off the truck?
2) I saw one video that the guy said when it is removed and it leaves a big hole ... is this true?
3) Does the style/type of flaps have an effect on the running boards install or style?

Thanks

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I really like the idea of these gatorback flaps over the stock pre-formed plastic Blah looking flaps. Im really disappointed there are not a few options to choose from.

I have been looking online for answers and have ended up with more questions here a few if any of you can give some advice and input

I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Bighorn
i will be installing wheel to wheel running boards

1) When installing new flaps do you have to take of what i think is the "spat" off the truck?
2) I saw one video that the guy said when it is removed and it leaves a big hole ... is this true?
3) Does the style/type of flaps have an effect on the running boards install or style?

Thanks

Most of the plastic molded designs require removing the spats, you can let them on with some of the flat rubber style designs. I have been researching them as well, I don't like the looks of mud flaps but I'm tired of hearing the rocks hitting the bottom of my truck.

Last edited:

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Got on a bit of a breakaway when I was scoping out nerf bars and the guy was giving some good prices so I ended up getting a bunch of stuff from them.The factory bars were too much money IMHO so that's why I was there in the first place.I got bars,molded flaps,bedrug and license plate covers from them.Ran out of cash or I would've had some drip rails as well.If it hadn't been for him cutting me a deal on everything I would've went with the OEM Ram flaps.