I had never had a Ram until I battled "everybody" who had something to tell me negative about the transmission. I had a mobile marine engine service,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rectoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had never had a Ram until I battled "everybody" who had something to tell me negative about the transmission. I had a mobile marine engine service, and had burned through two F150s at 150,000 miles. The 96 Fords and GMs were all push-button everything on the dash. I have limited use of my right arm, so the Ram was a no-brainer. I ordered new with the 360 gas, 4X4 positraction, heavy duty everything, Laramie accessories. It came in May. I had a crane mounted in the right rear with remote winch. The Ram felt like a truck, drove like a truck, and was RIGHT as far as I was concerned. Like everything before me, I kept a record of every gallon of gas and every service performed. Mileage in town 16.4; on local 4-lanes, 20. Towing 19' G/W north to Thousand Islands 16.8; running south 23.5. My first set of brakes was at 100,000 miles. Tires lasted me 60,000 miles.Full service every 3000 miles. At 250,000 thr trans gave up. I replaced it. In 2019 I became terribly ill with an undiagnosed illness. My neighbor who had been riding with me bought the business, including the truck, which had 395,000 miles on it. He had it for a year, and unfortunately died. My brother bought the Ram from the widow and gave it to his daughter in the far western part of VA. She has over 400,000 miles on it. It's used for getting her to the rescue squad . Now it has blue flashing lights . We encouraged the use of Seafoam once a month. The engine has never been apart. Spark plugs were changed twice for no reason. I'm housebound in Ohio now, can't drive, can't much of anything other than give thanks I'm alive to remember the best damned truck I ever had.

Attachments

• Liza.png
    Liza.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 15