I have power locks, how to make it a keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyC1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have power door locks but i want to make it a keyless system..how do i do this?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Need the RKE module for the back of your cluster and remotes.

p84.jpg

xdmshawn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have power door locks but i want to make it a keyless system..how do i do this?

Donny - Did you get this figured out?

I doubt that your truck was sent out from the factory with power locks without a wireless entry fob. It was likely lost.

You could buy a fob off of eBay and then follow these instructions below. All you have to loose is the cost of the fob if it doesn't work.

INSERT a key into the Ignition and TURN the Ignition to the ON position (just before cranking). PRESS and HOLD the UNLOCK button on a working remote for four (4) to ten (10) seconds. While holding the UNLOCK button, PRESS the PANIC button for one (1) second and RELEASE both buttons at the same time.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
First thing you probably wanna do is check to see if there is already a module installed. Since you have a 2002 it should look like a pack of cigarettes on the back of your instrument cluster. If it's not there, you'll have to order one or get one from the salvage yard.

As for programming one, I'm clueless as to how to program it, as I believe you have to have an already working keyfob to program new ones. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
If you get the module from a salvage yard, you may be able to buy the matching keyfob from as well, or just borrow it while you set up a new fob.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Somewhere on this site is a link to a build sheet web site. I found out mine came with remote keyless entry. I only have aftermarket remote start fob. I now know I should be able to buy replacement remotes and program them. I assumed mine came with them being that it is a hemi sport and not a base model.

If you can find the link, it should tell you if yours has the module.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Somewhere on this site is a link to a build sheet web site. I found out mine came with remote keyless entry. I only have aftermarket remote start fob. I now know I should be able to buy replacement remotes and program them. I assumed mine came with them being that it is a hemi sport and not a base model.

If you can find the link, it should tell you if yours has the module.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
How do you have a hemi anything if it says 5.9 lol?

OP
OP
DonnyC1978

DonnyC1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First thing you probably wanna do is check to see if there is already a module installed. Since you have a 2002 it should look like a pack of cigarettes on the back of your instrument cluster. If it's not there, you'll have to order one or get one from the salvage yard.

As for programming one, I'm clueless as to how to program it, as I believe you have to have an already working keyfob to program new ones. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
If you get the module from a salvage yard, you may be able to buy the matching keyfob from as well, or just borrow it while you set up a new fob.
if i have to get one do i just plug it in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DonnyC1978

DonnyC1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is my build sheet it just says power locksScreenshot_20200622-160309_OneDrive.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it doesn't say RKE anywhere on the build sheet, then you need the module for the back of your cluster. Then you have to get fobs programmed to it.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
if i have to get one do i just plug it in

I dont know much about the older 2002-2005 trucks, but from what I know I don’t see much harm in plugging it in and giving it a whirl. Definitely let others chime in on this thought before you try though, I don’t wanna steer your wrong

On the 2006-2008’s though, definitely a bad idea. I know on these later trucks the RKE module is combined with the sentry key crap, which is vin-specific and would probably immobilize their vehicle if improperly messed with. You may be lucky enough to not have to deal with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DonnyC1978

DonnyC1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i cant find a RKE module anywhere

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
nobody sells them anymore

You may try a salvage yard. Try to find one thats willing to sell you the module and the keyfobs that are paired to it, since having some keyfobs already paired makes it much easier to program new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jholaway1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So where you able to find a RKE module?
I have a 04 quad cab that I would like to make it a keyless entry, I guess I should take apart the dash to see if I actually have a module before buying fob's off eBay or Amazon

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine went **** up a coupla months ago, I managed to track down a dealer that had one and bought it.

beng3303

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 HD
Engine
5.7- Non mds
Mine went **** up a coupla months ago, I managed to track down a dealer that had one and bought it.
That's amazing! I have tried several dealers that have an "adjustable pedal switch filler plate" for my 2006 and I can't get most of them to even act interested when I call and ask to buy an obsolete part. They either wont call me back or they flat out wont answer the phone. I am not sure why they wouldn't be more excited to sell an obsolete part so they can get it out of their inventory. I have been trying to find one used with no luck.