I need to build a bed cart for a 98 short bed. Need dimensions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomLockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins H.O. Turbo diesel
I have a replacement bed for by quad cab diesel short bed that is currently sitting on a stack of pallets. I want to build a cart to hold it and allow it to be moved around until I have time to mount it on the truck. I live in Minnesota and the bed is outside and in the way of my snow removal efforts. In a perfect world I would like to build a cart that has bolts or pins sticking up where the bed bolts go. That would seem to be the most stable way to hold it on the cart. Can anyone provide me any dimensions for the bolt spacing, available depth for the bolts so they don’t stick up too far, if that is possible, and maybe the distance from the front bolts to the front of the box?

I know that theoretically I can get these dimensions myself but I don’t have an easy way to lift the bed to take measurements and the truck it is going onto still has a bed on it and is not easy to access at the moment. I would like to build this cart as quickly as possible and then get some friends over to help lift it on to the cart. Besides, I expect someone on here has much easier access to this information than I currently do. Thanks.