Intermittent power loss to steps and/or amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)
Not sure what the issue could be here, if it’s just one, or if it’s a combination of things.

I installed my main amp about 2 months ago, and have had no previous issues.About a month ago, installed power steps. They have worked perfectly, up until last week.

Last Monday, went to work, as normal, everything was fine. When I left work, the steps wouldn’t deploy, and the amp wouldn’t turn on. No power to either. The battery was fine, full power (per volt gauge) truck started up right away, everything else was fine,except those two things connected to the battery. (Both have separate power wires/ring terminals to the positive batt terminal, and are grounded to separate locations). I left for home, and after about 10 minutes, the amp came on by itself, and worked fine. i Stopped at the store on the way home, came out, and the steps were working again. (And the amp was fine).

There have been two other occasions that the steps haven’t worked, and ive been able to get them to work by pulling and replacing the fuse, so I’m thinking it may be a controller issue, as it only happens when the truck is off, and has been sitting for multiple hours, and only intermittently.

Yesterday, the amp didn’t turn on in the morning, but, the steps worked just fine. Ran an errand about 10 minutes away. Parked, went inside, came out 20 min later, and the amp fired right up.

All the connections are tight, and as I said, nothing other than these two accessories are affected, and they appear to be independently so?

Im not very knowledgable with electrical… these installs were about my limit. any advice/suggestions??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn