Is Zeigler Warranty the Real Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I am getting ready to purchase a new 2022 Big Horn 1500 . I have read a lot on this forum about Zeigler. Is it the actual Mopar warranty? And, does anyone have experience with actually having to use it? If so any dealer problems with it? I just wanted to clarify so that I don't make a mistake.

Looking at the Maxcare 8 yr. 100,000 miles. Mopar direct is $3450. Zeigler website shows $2530 before any discount mentioned on this forum such as the" PAYINFULL" which is supposed to discount it another $365.
Thanks
I bought the Mopar unlimited mileage max care 84 month warranty. it was $3,700. they have a 2 year interest free loan to buy it your self with no dealer involved. I have used it twice in 4 years. A starter on a gas tank repair. I find other warranties don't pay for some diagnosis, or gaskets, oil or their labor only pays $80. and hour. Lots to compare to make sure you are getting what you think your are buying.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a Max Care through Zeigler. It is a MOPAR warranty/extended service agreement or whatever they call it.
Only go with the MOPAR. We keep our vehicles very, very long and a lot of miles. We have more than got our money's worth out of two of the Max Cares so far. The third one is still somewhat new.

When I bought another MOPAR vehicle the dealer tried to sell me the MOPAR Max Care lifetime bumper to bumper $100 deductible for well over double Zeigler. I told them nope, I can get the same thing for less elsewhere. They asked me how much. I told them. They met the price. So I bought it then and there.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this from the small chain of Zeigler Chrysler Dodge dealers in and around Chicagoland? They're selling their own warranties now?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know Zeigler has been selling Mopar Warranties for quite a while now

Zeigler Auto Group, your preferred dealership serving Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Indiana. With over 78 franchises at 35 dealerships

I just looked at Chrysler Factory Warranties
In the about section, it only mentions Dodge Dealerships in the USA
( i would check with them about Canada & Mexico, before buying )

Mopar Warranties cover the USA, Canada, Mexico dodge dealerships & other authorized garages. Zeigler carries Mopar Warranties

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Zeigler warranty is the real deal. I have purchased all of my Trucks and Cars from Harold Zeigler in Plainwell, Michigan. And going online and purchasing the warranty will go through the same guy in the dealership office, except it is has a much lower price.

OP
OP
Boxman

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
Thanks again for all the discussions. I purchased my 2022 Big Horn 1500 last Saturday. Dealer wanted $3600 for the Maxcare 8 yr 100,000 miles. I showed him Zeigler quote for $2500 before discounts. Finance guy started spouting off about how that wasn't legit and there are lawsuits against the discounting, etc. Naturally I smiled and turned down their price.
Yesterday I ordered the warranty from Zeigler. Took the 12 mo. Pay plan. Already have an email copy of my new warranty. Got a Big Horn Night Edition.

.20220208_135759_resized.jpg

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just input my info on Zieglers:
2020 Ram 3500 dually diesel. Max Care 8yr, 125,000 mile and $100 ded. No extra paint, glass coverage. $6,000!!

Chryslerwarrantys.com was $3500

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I got lower cost for a factory warranty at chrysler-factory-warranty.com then what was offered at Zeigler

OP
OP
Boxman

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
Just input my info on Zieglers:
2020 Ram 3500 dually diesel. Max Care 8yr, 125,000 mile and $100 ded. No extra paint, glass coverage. $6,000!!

Chryslerwarrantys.com was $3500

Zeigler price was $2350 for the 100,000/ 8 yr. after their discount. Chrysler factory was close to that but didn't require a discount code. I think that why Zeigler is offering discounts??

Timsdually, I would have jumped on that one too. Crazy what price differences are out there.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Prices are going up on the warranties, better do it now if your gonna do it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
CoZo6 check your coverage maps
Mopar Warranties are good in USA, Mexico & Canada at any approved garage

If you check some other warrantees, some will only cover you in the USA
Others may only cover a Couple States
Some will only cover certain dealerships

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are a lot of dealers offering the Mopar warranties. The prices vary and some offer 12 months 0% interest and others offer 18 months 0% interest.

Below are screenshots comparing.

Before anyone says “but they offer discounts”, you shouldn’t have to play games to save money. Others show the actual rock bottom price with not game of looking for discounts.

Attachments

• FE0563FE-E4D7-4270-AD95-DC34B1979D5F.png
    FE0563FE-E4D7-4270-AD95-DC34B1979D5F.png
    271.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 8A1A1B85-83F2-44CF-86A1-60CAADF97B51.png
    8A1A1B85-83F2-44CF-86A1-60CAADF97B51.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2C665D16-85F9-494B-87B4-D1F255C6B7FE.png
    2C665D16-85F9-494B-87B4-D1F255C6B7FE.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 25

rossn2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Zeigler MAXCARE 8 yr 100k warranty with discount ($200 deductible) is $1780 today....
Called Mopar and they would come down to $1880, but if wanted the zero financing then it was $2030..

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone heard of the Zurich warranty company? I still have a couple years before my factory warranty runs out but I was taking with my selling dealer today and they are promoting Zurich warranty. He said for every one maxcare plan they sell, he sells better than 20 Zurich warranties. I dont remember the details as I didnt write anything down but he says it's one of the largest aftermarket warranty companies available. He said they offer more coverage for a slightly cheaper price than the mopar maxcare plans and can be used anywhere that accepts Zurich. Like I said I still have 2 years left on the factory warranty but was inquiring about them to get some more info for when the time comes

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does mopar warranty cover cam lifter issue if engine needed to be replaced?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Does mopar warranty cover cam lifter issue if engine needed to be replaced?
Yes. From my Mopar ESP:

GASOLINE ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Case, Timing Chain, Timing Belt,
Gears and Sprockets; Variable Valve Timing Solenoids and Actuators; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump, Water Pump and Housing;
Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Flywheel with Starter Ring Gear; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Oil Filter Adapter Housing;
Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator; Supercharger; Fuel Injectors (excluding clogged
injectors); Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.

The ESP is only 10 pages long so there's room for interpretation. If you have a stock truck and your lifters go then you're covered. If you have an unlocked PCM/tune, supercharger, etc., then I think the answer will be a definite no (there's a clause for engine modifications).

It will also depend on how hard the dealership pushes back. One of the stipulations is that you have performed the maintenance at the required intervals, especially oil changes that meet the requirements of the Owner's Manual.

There was an article not long ago about a guy's EcoDiesel kicking the bucket and was denied warranty work because he went 18K (or more) before his first oil change. The story focused on that fact but who knows what the whole story is.

I've been to the service department and seen some disgruntled customers. I've been there but, even if you get your way, you've burned that bridge for the future. I'm a middle-aged guy, my truck looks great, and I'm very polite when taking my truck in. I've always gotten great service and, with the exception of one issue, they've been great at addressing the issues. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

4mger

Reaction score
I went to the dealer for final paperwork intending to purchase the Zeigler 7 yr/unlimited warranty on my own. After hearing about the "dealers warranty" I told them I planned on getting the one from Zeigler. They matched the discounted price so it was added into the purchase. I believe the Zeigler plan is the real deal Mopar factory warranty.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good information, where do you find the pay in full coupon?

Rick
PAYINFULL goes on the line "listed" saying put in coupon info, U type in payinfull when doing the plan on-line. I have the 85K, 8 year for MY 19, which when I bought was $1725.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. From my Mopar ESP:

GASOLINE ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Case, Timing Chain, Timing Belt,
Gears and Sprockets; Variable Valve Timing Solenoids and Actuators; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump, Water Pump and Housing;
Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Flywheel with Starter Ring Gear; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Oil Filter Adapter Housing;
Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator; Supercharger; Fuel Injectors (excluding clogged
injectors); Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.

The ESP is only 10 pages long so there's room for interpretation. If you have a stock truck and your lifters go then you're covered. If you have an unlocked PCM/tune, supercharger, etc., then I think the answer will be a definite no (there's a clause for engine modifications).

It will also depend on how hard the dealership pushes back. One of the stipulations is that you have performed the maintenance at the required intervals, especially oil changes that meet the requirements of the Owner's Manual.

There was an article not long ago about a guy's EcoDiesel kicking the bucket and was denied warranty work because he went 18K (or more) before his first oil change. The story focused on that fact but who knows what the whole story is.

I've been to the service department and seen some disgruntled customers. I've been there but, even if you get your way, you've burned that bridge for the future. I'm a middle-aged guy, my truck looks great, and I'm very polite when taking my truck in. I've always gotten great service and, with the exception of one issue, they've been great at addressing the issues. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Good to know thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357