Junkyard Score

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone - sorry I haven't been around too much lately, things have just been super busy with work. I wanted to tell everyone of my latest scores at a "new" pull your own parts junkyard I found. This junkyard is one of the first ones I've been to that hasn't been completely picked over. They had several Gen 3 Dodge RAM trucks - and my main search was for an extra APPS sensor (which I didn't find because I *believe* those are only on the 02-03 RAM 1500's with the 5.7 Hemi which he didn't have). What I was able to get was:

2 TIPMs, one from an 04 2x4 with the 4.7 and one from an 05 2x4 dually with the 5.7 Hemi
2 dash clusters, one from an 04 2x4 with the 4.7 and one from an 05 2x4 dually with the 5.7 Hemi
1 Airbag Control Module from an 03 with the 4.7 (hoping that truck had the single SQUIB for the driver's airbag - I believe they went to dual SQUIB on the driver's side airbag starting in 04)
4 20" stock RAM rims and tires from an 04 2x4 to replace the aftermarket 17" rims on my 03 4x4

The guy that owns the place is a good guy. He's going to keep an eye out for an 03 RAM 1500 with the Hemi so I can get the APPS sensor because I just want to have an extra one on hand. When I was there, an 05 dually with the 5.7 Hemi came in and I was the first one to get to pull parts off of it. :) I saw that the 05 had the sensor on the pedal and I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to convert mine from the APPS under the hood to the new pedal, so I'll research that some more before going back out there.

All in all, it was a decent find. Hopefully I can get back out there soon. :)