Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sws6332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2012 ram 1500 , i put key in , turn to start , and it just turns over , it’s strong, battery is fine, just turns over, no start , I can take the key fob out of the ignition, lock the doors , and hit the auto start button, twice , and my truck starts right up ! Put the key back in ,turn to start , and it goes dead , but it will crank when I turn the key , an I Nuts ! A gremlin in there ?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 ram 1500 , i put key in , turn to start , and it just turns over , it’s strong, battery is fine, just turns over, no start , I can take the key fob out of the ignition, lock the doors , and hit the auto start button, twice , and my truck starts right up ! Put the key back in ,turn to start , and it goes dead , but it will crank when I turn the key , an I Nuts ! A gremlin in there ?

Look on YouTube for WIN module repair. WIN=wireless ignition node and they go bad. Many times they can be cleaned and repaired. Fixing the one already in the truck is typically inexpensive compared to a new unit that needs a dealer to program it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat