2009 1500 key fob reprogramming trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all... I'm trying to program a new key fob for my '09 Ram 1500 SLT, but having no luck. I have two working fobs. I've been following the process in the owner's manual, which mirrors almost every process I can find online...turn one working fob to "on" for more than 3 seconds (less than 15), turn off & remove...turn second working fob to "on" and wait for chime & blinking security light...insert new fob, turn to "on", etc.

The problem is, I never get the chime and blinking security light with the 2nd working fob, no matter which one I use or how long I wait (it's supposed to take 10 seconds). The truck doesn't ever seem to go into "programming mode," so I never get the chance to put the new, unprogrammed fob into the ignition to program it.

Am I missing a step? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
The Mace

The Mace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to say I don't have Alfaobd. Is there another solution?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to say I don't have Alfaobd. Is there another solution?
Not that I’ve found, very little info out there for 09-12 and what little there is doesn’t seem to work anyways. See how much it would cost to have a locksmith do it, or if you like DIY getting Alfaobd will likely be a comparable price and you can use it for other things in the future.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357