Key Programming Lockdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackLab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard this morning on the news that a lot of Dodge Chargers and Challengers were being stolen. After some research, the information I found said people were stealing them by breaking a window and using some kind of box to program new key fobs. When they do that they can start the car and drive off. It said it also applies to Ram trucks. Dodge has software called "Key Programming Lockdown" that works by locking the internal vehicle key system that prevents thieves from tampering with the ignition. Does anyone have information on how to get this software installed.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you live or work in a blue city? That's where all the theft is happening. Something about "defunding" police leading to an increase in crime. I mean who could have predicted that?

I wouldn't worry too much about a Ram being stolen anyways... thugs are targeting Scat Packs and Hellcats for their obvious horsepower appeal. If you have a TRX I'd advise investing in something like Lo Jack.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I heard this morning on the news that a lot of Dodge Chargers and Challengers were being stolen. After some research, the information I found said people were stealing them by breaking a window and using some kind of box to program new key fobs. When they do that they can start the car and drive off. It said it also applies to Ram trucks. Dodge has software called "Key Programming Lockdown" that works by locking the internal vehicle key system that prevents thieves from tampering with the ignition. Does anyone have information on how to get this software installed.
Thieves have already hacked that system. If you ever lose your fobs or need a new fob,it's really expensive to get new ones after you do that update.I'm not sure you can get it on the trucks,as i thought only 2021 or newer cars could have the dealer install that update