Killed by the cold.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Regarding my post yesterday about the intermittent P0300…..NEVERMIND.

-12F, absolutely did not want to start and started to wear down the battery. Couldn’t take my Sierra because the lights are having issues but it does run so I pulled it around for a jump. Got a good solid crank out of the ram and pop-pop…..

Didn’t have much time to investigate as I was now late for work but there’s a pretty good drip of oil coming down the passenger side. High enough up that its landing on the exhaust and dripping down from there, as well as another place that I couldn’t quite see.

With my luck this will be new motor time. I’ll price it out but may end up selling it and starting over with a true 4th gen.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm just going to say invest in an oil pan heater. Your coolant can be warm but your oil is still cold and like molasses. Now suck that up and force it through your cold engine at 60 psi and wait for havoc. I only use a pan heater and rarely have start issues even in -50 my truck spins over like it does in summer and fires up nice. I noticed the block heater only heats one side of the block too, there's likely some heat soak but I'd say nothing crazy. Challange to anyone who has a flir gun to see how hot the block heater makes the whole Block id love to see that.
Anyways even a magnetic heater would work, sadly a bit late in your case but food for thought.
Good luck,. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500