Leaking two fluids at once?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tweaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my truck, but it's giving me headaches as of late.

20k on the ticker and it blew a front strut. Warranty covered it.

Yesterday, Rotated tires and noticed some fluid on the floor about the size of my hand with some drops coming off the skid plate under the motor. I touch one drop with my finger and it seems kind of like oil. I get a flashlight to take a harder look and I see green drops too.

I dig further and it look like coolant is leaking from the the bottom left somewhere. Seems to be a hose connecting to the pump driven by the bottom left pulley.

Too much stuff in the way and I cannot locate the source of my oil leak. but my oil filter is dry. Drain plug is dry. Just trying to rule things out. However, I do notice my power steering resevoir is now on the low mark.

WTH is going on in there? I called up the shop to get it back in so they can figure out what it is, but this truck has lived the easiest of lives and seems to be spilling it's guts on my garage floor all of a sudden.

Anyone else having these issues?

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry to hear man. I wouldn't get too worried though. It's usually something small like a leaky hose or gasket.
Hope everything works out.

Tuffguy707

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Check the hose clamps or hoses that don't have clamps from the factory that should. Ill give you an example, my 07 had a coolant line coming right by the cap that didn't have a cap and one day while i stopped at the store i noticed antifreeze dripping on the ground, popped the hood and found the hose had blown off and almost drained the radiator. I put it back on with a hose clamp and never had an issue.
For some reason Chrysler doesn't see the need for hose clamps on a lot of the bosses that should have them. After my experience the first thing i do when i get a new vehicle is check all the bosses and put clamps on the ones that don't have them, even the ones that don't necessarily need them. Its just reassurance for me.

OP
OP
T

Tweaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good advice on the clamps. I did notice a lot of the hoses are just stuck on.

Shop says it was a gasket that failed on an AC line going into the pump which is where I figured the leak had started. Apparently the green I saw in my flashlight is the die in the AC lines to help with diagnosis of the leak.

As for the other fluid . . .they didn't find anything else leaking. I did change the oil filter recently during an oil change and despite trying to get all of th eold oil mopped up, it's possible some decided to make it's way south. Anyways, gonna keep an extra sharp eye on the fluid levels and such.