Leather steering wheel cover.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thought I’d throw this out there for those like me that have a lower trim level but are either not sure or not ready about installing a leather steering wheel upgrade.

I just finished installing an Aully Park stitch on wrap wheel cover. For around $10 I now have a leather cover to hold me over until I decide to do a heated wheel.

AULLY PARK Universal Steering... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHT7238?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It’s a simple leather cover that stitches on for a more finished look than the slip on covers. Installation for me really wasn’t bad at all and took a little over an hour.

I have a 2016 Ram and based on their size recommendation I ordered the large+. All in all I am thrilled with it especially with the $10 price tag. My only complaint is one of the holes ripped out next to a spoke during install. I was in a groove so I went ahead and finished the install. I will trim it or try a small touch of glue to see if I can live with it or replace it later.

There are several videos on YouTube that shows installation of these types of covers if anyone is interested in a cheap and pretty simple upgrade.

Woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricci427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have a picture of the finish install ?

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You have a picture of the finish install ?

I’ll try to remember to take one tomorrow. After having it on for a few days I think this is one of my favorite mods, didn’t realize I would like the feel that much better.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only concern is that its described as "genuine leather", which typically when I see that means the leather chair or sofa won't last long, and is often leather that will delaminate with the top coating coming off.

Do you know what this stuff is? Usually I look for a tag that says "full grain" or "top grain" if it needs to stand up to handling.

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My only concern is that its described as "genuine leather", which typically when I see that means the leather chair or sofa won't last long, and is often leather that will delaminate with the top coating coming off.

Do you know what this stuff is? Usually I look for a tag that says "full grain" or "top grain" if it needs to stand up to handling.

Can’t say that I looked to see any tags on it. It’s $12.99 so I wasn’t exactly expecting top quality leather. I purchased it as a trial to see how hard install was and if having any type of leather on really would make a difference for me.

After having it on for a couple days I’ll say I REALLY like the feel. If it fails I may decide to go to a higher priced cover or depending on how long it lasted I may do this one again.

Or I may bite the bullet and upgrade to the heated with controls now that I know I enjoy having leather more than I thought I would.

Woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk