LED lights for Bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Picking LED bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs was bit of a undertaking.

The local truck accessorizing shop swears by Heise brand. They wanted $130 for a pair. But when I asked the shop if they knew if my truck would need a canabus decoder he didn’t know what that was.

eventual i was happy with what i read about the LaFit LED bulbs.

The LaFit rep assured me i did not need a canbus decoder with the LaPlus models.

He also mentioned there’s no need to worry about pattern calibration clocking as long as the cable connector was at 6 o’clock position.

So I ordered those and then about two hours later I realized I was going to lose my daytime running lights. Which on my truck is the the hi beam bulb. In drl mode the truck sends less voltage to the bulb so its okay for drl.

but that lower voltage is not enough to turn on a LED bulb. There are dlr enabler harness but i will probably just turn drl off.

Really looking forward to the brighter lights

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
If you want to keep DRL, you can use AlfaOBD to set high beams to LED and if needed to increase DRL voltage.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thank you.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had Heise, still going strong, they also make a plug and play adapter to stop any interference, the shop must not know they make those as well.

Vegas250rr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Happen to have a link for either of these? Bout my truck last night and wasn’t impressed with the headlights driving at night

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
0F2BF335-80E6-4F6F-8BCC-98403F7B859A.png LasFit says their LaPlus model does not need a load resistor or decoder added which sounded good too me.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yep. They are pretty bright but i do not get flashed by other drivers. So i am happy.