LED turn signals ISSUE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I finally finished a retrofitted set of lights that I started probably close to 4 years ago. View attachment 129908View attachment 129909 The halos are Profile Pivot Switchback LEDs that run off the turn signals and blink amber when signaling. The headlights use the original halogen signal bulbs. Being that these bulbs are the only halogen light in there, I figured I’d replace them with LEDs. Here’s the thing. I had a good feeling the dropping in a pair of 3157 LEDs wouldn’t work, but I figured it’d hyperflash for the time being. Problem is, they barely flash at all. They only light every other time and its for a fraction of that signal time. Its not hyperflash, it’s barely flash. The halos flashed great when paired to halogens, flashed the same as the other LEDs when installed. Anyone have a clue as to why and if the resistors will solve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I can't properly explain why because I don't really know as I've had various sets do that or hyperflash and then stay on slightly when not being used. BUT I can tell you resistors will fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PrettyMolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 04... I have a similar issue with my right turn signal, but only when the parking lights are on.. when the parking lights are off... both left & right blink at normal speed.. now when I turn PL's on and HL's on in the evening.. left blinks fine.. right blinks hyper with the ding for lamp out... have checked wires, switches, fuses, gauge cluster, and have also checked the bulbs.. bulbs on front were looking little scorched, so put in new, rear look ok, just a tad dirty... could it have anything to do with the white board the bulbs plug into on the tail lights?

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well the resistor worked. All is well now. To this dude ^: i dont know the resolution to your issue, but mine is resolved now. You can jack this thread and run with it if someone answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan moore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi magnum
What resistor did you use and how do you put those in

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
What resistor did you use and how do you put those in
6 ohm 50Watt resistors. Here's a pic of how I did mine. Note-the resistors get really hot which is normal so you want to mount them on metal surface. I went all LED in my truck and love it.DSCF2130.JPG DSCF2163.JPG

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I got my resistors off ebay/they were only like 10 bucks for 6 with connectors at the time and i haven't had any problems with them. I did have problems with the first headlight bulbs I got because I thought more sides would mean more brightness. Then I learned how to clock the bulb so it's in the right position for the housing. Now I got lots of spares haha.
FWIW-you don't need resistors on the backup lights just the brakes and turn signals and headlights. Some headlights even come with a built in resistor. You definitely want to upgrade your backup lights if nothing else-what a world of difference! Also your fogs if your truck has them don't need resistors on them either. Mine are now brighter than my headlights so I use them for running lights during the day. I should mention that I have smoked lenses on all my lights, even the upper cab lights. Good luck