Left led tail light shows out on dashboard but works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigh4690

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 3500
I did an obd genie for LEDs 2 years ago and everything was fine until last week.
Dash shows issues with left tail light and flashing fast on the dash but actually flashing normal. Switched left side with the right side same issue which tells me it’s not the tail light it’s self.
Suggestions???????

OP
OP
C

craigh4690

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 3500
I did an obd genie for LEDs 2 years ago and everything was fine until last week.
Dash shows issues with left tail light and flashing fast on the dash but actually flashing normal. Switched left side with the right side same issue which tells me it’s not the tail light it’s self.
Suggestions???????

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an issue like that that's randomly intermittent that I believe to be a grounding issue, but havent put in the effort to locate it yet. In my case I believe it is internal to the tail light though, but if you're motivated check the ground wire and also at the repeater in the mirror.

dougbobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did a full LED conversion to my 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie with projector low beams. All work but the low beam lights are dim, like half power or so, when just they are on. When I turn on the high beams the low beams double brightness WITH the high beams. Shut off the high beams and the low beams dim back to half. I’ve never noticed this with the halogens, seems only since conversion. Also, no flicker, no bulb out messages, all seems perfectly well other than this dim low beam situation. Am I missing something or any ideas of the cause?? TYIA