Limited vs Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm assuming this has been beat to death, and I'm hoping for some new member forgiveness.

After driving the same truck since 2005, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade.

I'm pretty sold on the 5th Gen Ram, and want a fair amount of creature comforts. Adaptive Cruise is a must have.

Wanted to buy this locally, but couldn't come to terms this evening:

https://www.bobhowardcjd.com/inventory/new-2020-ram-1500-limited-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfht5ln418438

A quick search shows that I can get something similar in TX, where they have a better doc fee. I do love the look of the body colored grill on this optioned out Laramie....but what am I giving up?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...elper.selectedEntity=c29344#listing=282456859

Kermudge

U.S. Navy Retired 68-95
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
As far as what you get with either one both are good choices in my opinion. The only turn off for me would be neither one has a 3.92 rear end. But if you can do without on that account pick what you like.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You’ll have to check the options on both because you can load up a Laramie with options and have similar features. What you’ll get beyond that with the Limited is the leather on the seats are upgraded, and every soft covering on the Limited is leather. The dash, the doors,etc. Then you get real wood on the console and the glove compartment. It’s luxury on top of luxury. Features (gadgets and such) can be bought on the Laramie to make it feature for feature with the Limited. Www.cars.com labeled the Limited as the luxury car of 2020.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm assuming this has been beat to death, and I'm hoping for some new member forgiveness.

After driving the same truck since 2005, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade.

I'm pretty sold on the 5th Gen Ram, and want a fair amount of creature comforts. Adaptive Cruise is a must have.

Wanted to buy this locally, but couldn't come to terms this evening:

https://www.bobhowardcjd.com/inventory/new-2020-ram-1500-limited-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfht5ln418438

A quick search shows that I can get something similar in TX, where they have a better doc fee. I do love the look of the body colored grill on this optioned out Laramie....but what am I giving up?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...elper.selectedEntity=c29344#listing=282456859

Dont ponder too long as the 2020's are going fast.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
After owning the MFT for a while now, I can honestly say, I would be very unhappy if I did not get it.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got a Laramie because the Limited is only available as CC with E-Torque, and I wanted neither.

However, I ordered mine so I was able to pick whatever I wanted for options (well, within their somewhat restrictive matrix). I'm done picking vehicles off a lot - always compromises.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I got a laramie because that's the lowest trim level you can get leather and many of the things I like to have..it's a personal thing, but I didnt like the front end of the limited as much as the laramie. I dont want the e-motor stuff and didnt need the air ride or auto deploying running boards. we also have a nice Infiniti to drive so needed the truck mostly for towing our trailer and doing truck stuff like runs to HD and ski trips in the mountains. laramies are pretty nice and my GM buddies always compliment me on my truck when they bum a ride. they were amazed at the "reclining" back seats and of course theirs dont have rear air..you will like either model.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...it's a personal thing, but I didnt like the front end of the limited as much as the laramie.

Oh, ditto! I think the limited fascia looks a bit prissy. It's a truck, not a jewelry box.

LANdrew4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque
I have a Laramie Longhorn Edition which is completely comparable to a Limited, it is just a question of style. They have different grills and the Longhorn has a Western flair for its leather and wood trim as opposed to the "sophisticated" look of the Limited - I definitely prefer the Longhorn look. Mine does have the 3.92 (option on both) and I have the eTorque which I knew little about when I bought it (it was a used 2020 so I got what was on it) but have been very happy with it. The limited used of hybrid technology makes for very smooth startups and shifts (and maybe it helps with gas mileage but hard to tell).

Retiring Don

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
When I bought my 2019 Laramie I had to travel from SC to Fla to get what I wanted. Looked at many Limiteds but chose this particular Laramie mainly because: 1. All the Limiteds I looked at were 4wd and I didn’t want that. 2. The Limiteds all had 12” screens which were distracting IMO and FCA was having supply and technical problems with them at that time early in the production year. 3. The upgraded finishing touches weren’t worth the $8k price increase. Highly recommend the air suspension as the ride is incredible even when towing.

OP
OP
G

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my 2019 Laramie I had to travel from SC to Fla to get what I wanted. Looked at many Limiteds but chose this particular Laramie mainly because: 1. All the Limiteds I looked at were 4wd and I didn’t want that. 2. The Limiteds all had 12” screens which were distracting IMO and FCA was having supply and technical problems with them at that time early in the production year. 3. The upgraded finishing touches weren’t worth the $8k price increase. Highly recommend the air suspension as the ride is incredible even when towing.

Air suspension is standard on Limited, but hard to come by on Laramie...correct?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I went Laramie for same reason - customizable.

Unless you can't get an option on Laramie you really want that's only on Limited. Only thing I would have done different is Laramie Longhorn. I really like those, but couldn't find one configured toward what I wanted without a big ordering hassle, which I've been through too many times to do again.

LegionRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
The Laramie with the remote trunk release and rear seat pass through my become a collector truck, possibly even a one-of-kind.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This one had the off road package. Usually not put on a Limited. It won’t have the air suspension so not quite as nice of a ride, but with the off road group and those tires, might look pretty sharp.
All Limited models have air suspension, even if it has the off-road group.

I got a Laramie because the Limited is only available as CC with E-Torque, and I wanted neither.

However, I ordered mine so I was able to pick whatever I wanted for options (well, within their somewhat restrictive matrix). I'm done picking vehicles off a lot - always compromises.
You're right about the CC part, but etorque is an option on Limited, just like every other trim level. I have a 2020 Limited sitting in my garage with a non-etorque hemi.