Limited vs Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Air suspension is standard on Limited, but hard to come by on Laramie...correct?
welcome from Stillwater.

Ive always had good luck buying form Bob Howard, until the screwed me...7 new vehicles in 4 years.

Now, I would do Bob Moore, or check out Patriot Dodge/Ram. I know the GM.

Bob Howard will never get another dime from me or my family.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Air suspension is standard on Limited, but hard to come by on Laramie...correct?
True for the Limited. Air suspension on other models depends on your area, and what your local dealerships decide to order on the trucks they stock. They tend to order trucks with options that people have requested. In my area, air suspension is kind of rare on any model (except Limited, of course), but the 33 gallon fuel tank and off-road group are very common. And a truck with 2WD is almost unheard of here. You can definitely order a Laramie (or any model) with air suspension if you want it though.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You're right about the CC part, but etorque is an option on Limited, just like every other trim level. I have a 2020 Limited sitting in my garage with a non-etorque hemi.

I'm sure you're right. The number of options and restrictions on these trucks is mind boggling. I wonder how many different trucks there could be (not ARE, but COULD be configured) out there - 100,000 - 1,000,000 - ??? I can easily imagine that mine is the only one exactly like it. Or there could be 1,000.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

No, it's easy to come by - you just tick the box and there you go.

If you mean on dealer lots - I have no idea. Probably varies by region and dealer.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure you're right. The number of options and restrictions on these trucks is mind boggling. I wonder how many different trucks there could be (not ARE, but COULD be configured) out there - 100,000 - 1,000,000 - ??? I can easily imagine that mine is the only one exactly like it. Or there could be 1,000.

For a short time (maybe a month or two?) when the 2020s were first coming out, if you wanted a longhorn or limited with the hemi you could only get one with etorque. Thankfully that changed back fairly quickly to being optional.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
For a short time (maybe a month or two?) when the 2020s were first coming out, if you wanted a longhorn or limited with the hemi you could only get one with etorque. Thankfully that changed back fairly quickly to being optional.

So maybe my memory isn't as bad as I thought! I ordered my '20 in late Oct or early Nov of '19.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So maybe my memory isn't as bad as I thought! I ordered my '20 in late Oct or early Nov of '19.

Correct, unless my memory is failing me! However, I remember being disappointed at one point, specifically wanting a 20 longhorn and thinking I'd be forced to get etorque. Or at least that is how it was on the build site for a while.

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to order a loaded Laramie but couldn't get a deal on an ordered truck. Instead, I got a fantastic deal on a 2021 Limited. Now that I compare the two, I wouldn't want to go back to the Laramie. But that's a matter of taste and what you want for options.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either. Choose based upon price and the features and looks that you want.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was going to order a loaded Laramie but couldn't get a deal on an ordered truck. Instead, I got a fantastic deal on a 2021 Limited. Now that I compare the two, I wouldn't want to go back to the Laramie. But that's a matter of taste and what you want for options.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either. Choose based upon price and the features and looks that you want.
I couldn't agree more. Choose the truck you want, not what we think you want. No one here can tell you which truck you'll be happy with, only which truck we think you'll be happy with.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I couldn't agree more. Choose the truck you want, not what we think you want. No one here can tell you which truck you'll be happy with, only which truck we think you'll be happy with.

The Tradesman with no options besides the 5.7 would be waaaaay nicer than my first truck (1979 stepside shortbox K10). Although I THINK given a choice of either in brand new condition I'd be mighty tempted to go with the old Chevy...

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The Tradesman with no options besides the 5.7 would be waaaaay nicer than my first truck (1979 stepside shortbox K10). Although I THINK given a choice of either in brand new condition I'd be mighty tempted to go with the old Chevy...
I hear you on that. My first truck was an old beat-up 1970 GMC C10. It didn't even come with a factory radio. Rubber floor mats, no headliner, and vinyl bench seat. But it would be a cool truck to have now if it was in new condition.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hear you on that. My first truck was an old beat-up 1970 GMC C10. It didn't even come with a factory radio. Rubber floor mats, no headliner, and vinyl bench seat. But it would be a cool truck to have now if it was in new condition.

I had a 1970 K5 Jimmy. Loved that "SUV" (though they hadn't coined that term way back then!). I bought it in 1985 with umpteen miles on it with a 307 that burned a quart every 150 miles. But I still loved it. Many times I've thought of getting one and retro-modding it, but it probably was nowhere near as good as I remember...

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

reminds me of my first pickup, '65 Chevy, 6cyl, three on the tree, all steel inside with the gas tank right behind the seat.
Rusty as all get out. Water would spray up from the front tire where the floor rusted against the side cowl. had to keep a plastic garbage bag stuffed in the space to keep from getting wet.

Kipslonk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm assuming this has been beat to death, and I'm hoping for some new member forgiveness.

After driving the same truck since 2005, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade.

I'm pretty sold on the 5th Gen Ram, and want a fair amount of creature comforts. Adaptive Cruise is a must have.

Wanted to buy this locally, but couldn't come to terms this evening:

https://www.bobhowardcjd.com/inventory/new-2020-ram-1500-limited-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfht5ln418438

A quick search shows that I can get something similar in TX, where they have a better doc fee. I do love the look of the body colored grill on this optioned out Laramie....but what am I giving up?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...elper.selectedEntity=c29344#listing=282456859

Before you drive all the way down, get them to list & price their dealer adds. I test drove a Limited at that Rockwall dealership on 12/31. This dealership adds some tracking device & exterior/interior protectant BS on each vehicle that they would not deal on. I told them I'd bring my tools and remove that tracking device because I wouldn't take it even if it was free and they wouldn't come off the price, so I walked & bought a slightly used from Meader also in the DFW area. I haven't dealt with many dealerships so I can't compare this to other dealerships.